Hello fellas

I have been using Adobe Illustrator CS5 and Flexi Sign 10(demo) with creation pcut Ct0630.

Is there any way to curve the text from both sides in flexisign/adobe. I need to cut something which looks like a convex/concave lens. I can do so only in one direction in flexisign using distort command.

Any inputs to do it both sides?

Regards

Singh

+61426141448

In adobe you can do a distort by: Effect>Warp>Bulge and put it vertical with a negative number to get that look or more complicated you can use Object>Envelope Distort>Make with Top Object and use a pre-drawn shape to warp to. The second can often be tricky to control but with practice yields some cool results. 

Hello everyone

Thanks for the input. I will give all these a try and let you know which one works. I need the text to look like an Upper case I in times troman format, i.e. sklewed in top and bottom at the same time.

As I was thinking on it, I hit upon a plan.

If I distirt the tedt one way in flexi, then rotate it 180 and distort by the same amount again it is possible that it may be achieved.

i am unable to access flexi sign at this stage.So can anyone please give it a try and post how did this idea go?

Thanks and regards

C.S.kainth

If you are wanting to do one letter at a time, Text>break apart (to keep it as text) or convert to outlines, then double click on the letter and you can skew & rotate it from there

Hello Fellas

Please have a look at the picture

It is stretched, warped with font name: POST OFFICE 3D.

I wanted to to be squeezed in from both the sides i.e. top and bottom.

Unfortunately I have Adobe illustrator CS5 and its text warping option includes one side warpage only.

Any inputs on getting it warped both from top and bottom?

Will warping from one side and then rotating the text and then warping from the other side help? :huh:? :huh:? :huh:?

Regards

C.S.Kainth

post-94551-0-25304600-1454276565_thumb.j

I have both flexi sign basic version 10 and adobe illustrator CS5. My production manahger runs only with flexi sign

Is this what you are trying to do?  it's a little hard to see from the angle you took the photo from.

I did it all in Flexi with distort

post-24657-0-03099100-1454873122_thumb.j

I wanted to to be squeezed in from both the sides i.e. top and bottom.

Unfortunately I have Adobe illustrator CS5 and its text warping option includes one side warpage only.

I run CS5 and I have no clue where you are getting this from. If you are working with live text you can only write it on a curve which would be one directional I guess but what you are describing is something completely different entirely. 

You also have to determine if you want to convert the live text to outlines. This free's up a lot of possibilities for you. Live text is editable even when warped but not cut-able until it's expanded. In other words you can still change spelling and other regular typing type edits until you convert the text. At that point you need to be done with typing and then settle in on manipulating the word. 

I suggested in an earlier post for you to try a few warp functions including "Bulge" which when given a negative value will squeeze from the top and bottom or sides respectively. Did you try that suggestion? 

Here are a few examples with AI using Impact font. These are all still live text but you can get the picture of what is possible then just convert them to outlines to cut. I think you need to spend as little time learning the possibilities 

post-20133-0-34166300-1454964356_thumb.p

• Like 2

HI

dwp99   Yes it is the one I am after but the way it is curved at the bottom, I am looking for a possibility if it is curved at the top as well

Wildgoose Thanks a ton buddy :angel: . Unfortunately I couldn't try this function but will do it soon

HI

dwp99   Yes it is the one I am after but the way it is curved at the bottom, I am looking for a possibility if it is curved at the top as well

Wildgoose Thanks a ton buddy :angel: . Unfortunately I couldn't try this function but will do it soon

Okay I went back in Flexi sign and curved the top.  Try using distort.

post-24657-0-21013400-1456933159_thumb.j