Primal Decals

just wanted to show my custom table i made for my own specs of work

Still placing cables and cords out of the way when i took these pictures..The cable to the far left in the image runs over my door jam to my cutter that is plugged into a powered usb hub which allows me to run a very long cord with no loss of any info from my laptop to cutter,,,( I love that)........My laptop and monitor are not that dark in person lol .They both fold up and away from my work area ....This table (glass) is 28"x6' long.over all table size is 7 feet long x 32" wide..The middle drawer is 29" wide by 21" deep for my flat scrap material and scrap small rolls..The drawer on the left is for my tools . The drawer on the right is for small scrap as well.. Each LED panel  light is remotely controlled for the size of my area i need which allows me to turn on any panel i want separately.....It took me a week to design and build this from scratch .Hope you like it ..I took video but i cant figure out how to make it upload cause its a large video..post-88251-0-39211200-1453137521_thumb.jpost-88251-0-29278600-1453137529_thumb.jpost-88251-0-28965800-1453137538_thumb.jpost-88251-0-71131600-1453137550_thumb.j

Video---

• Like 4

I like it. I mainly like the holder for the computer and screen, I may need to replicate that for my cutter once I finish the carpet in my room

• Like 1

I like it. I mainly like the holder for the computer and screen, I may need to replicate that for my cutter once I finish the carpet in my room

i got the laptop and lcd monitor setup from office depot on their website, they didnt carry any in store, and i did alot of research for this, i didnt want a piece of junk.. i love it ,,It was like 148.00 with the shipping. I had to remove the a part of the mounting bracket to make it work for the back of my table. very easy to do and didnt mess anything up either..I got the glass for a trade  job i did for a glass company. i got the 2 cabinets from home depot  for i think $80 each, and then just made a deep enough box for my lights to go in,I made sure it wasnt to close to glass to casue un wanted shadow as well..the lights are 24x24 outside diameter. got the remote switch from harbor freight for like 25 0r 30?

• Like 1

Nice work looks like it should work out well for your needs

• Like 1

I like it. Good job! If I can suggest adding a portable large format rotary trimmer for coroplast cutting and/or sticker cutting (not contour cutting but simple rectangle cutting should you one day get into digital printing) then it would be complete. The only thing I'd be cautious of is your application tape holder and a heavy roll of vinyl sliding off and breaking the glass closest to the tape applicator. I like the work you put into this though :) Oh and if you don't want scratches on the glass when trimming or cutting manually, you can use a large self healing cutting mat which can then be removed when you wanted light (or simple cardboard pieces).

• Like 1

I like it. Good job! If I can suggest adding a portable large format rotary trimmer for coroplast cutting and/or sticker cutting (not contour cutting but simple rectangle cutting should you one day get into digital printing) then it would be complete. The only thing I'd be cautious of is your application tape holder and a heavy roll of vinyl sliding off and breaking the glass closest to the tape applicator. I like the work you put into this though :) Oh and if you don't want scratches on the glass when trimming or cutting manually, you can use a large self healing cutting mat which can then be removed when you wanted light (or simple cardboard pieces).

This glass is 3/8 " .you can actually stand on this without worry According to the glass guy i did a swap for the glass.But im noty brave enough to do it lol..If you keep your blades new, you wont get scratch marks. 

Thanks for the suggestions..I thought about digital printing cause ive started getting more requests for what i cant do,so have to turn them away , But i dont get enough to go get a decent size printer,But i wish i could find one that would atleast let me print on vinyl under 24" tho.. and didnt cost over 5,000. Not saying i couldnt go buy one that costs more.Just not willing to waist money for something that isnt needed for small requests.I get alot more for what i do already...      Where can i get a self healing mat that will fit my table? My girlfriend cause use it for what she does...  Thank you everyone

Let me know taunt and ill do my best to get the info on how i built it and bracket and setup for laptop etc... But for my designing of it I just  thought of it in my head with no plans at all,Just thought and started cutting away till i liked it. I think i should of went a little wider and a foot longer,But it is a 1 million major improvement of what i started with in the beginning lol..

This glass is 3/8 " .you can actually stand on this without worry According to the glass guy i did a swap for the glass.But im noty brave enough to do it lol..If you keep your blades new, you wont get scratch marks. 

Thanks for the suggestions..I thought about digital printing cause ive started getting more requests for what i cant do,so have to turn them away , But i dont get enough to go get a decent size printer,But i wish i could find one that would atleast let me print on vinyl under 24" tho.. and didnt cost over 5,000. Not saying i couldnt go buy one that costs more.Just not willing to waist money for something that isnt needed for small requests.I get alot more for what i do already...      Where can i get a self healing mat that will fit my table? My girlfriend cause use it for what she does...  Thank you everyone

I'm trying to get into this myself and you may be able to do it (I'm still researching a proper combination of printer/ink and size though) for less than you can imagine http://sorentec.ca/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_64&product_id=60

That's just one vendor I found and the web is full of them. I don't personally know anyone who uses a small format desktop printer to digitally print using Eco-Solvent inks (this is the ink you need to use on vinyl or else it smears all over and won't cure right) but I know they're out there doing it. Probably several on this forum too. 

Oh and there is Aliexpress.com and finding a vendor that sells a Chinese large format printer for several thousand dollars cheaper than the big boy Roland and Mutoh Valuejet or Epson Eco-Solvent printers and/or cutters. The bad thing about going on there and buying Chinese is no one locally maintains them and has spare parts should something break. But you could buy 3 printers for the cost of one Roland...But then you also need RIP software that will work with that printer too. It gets crazy expensive quick...

Cheap but good quality (weird combination) self healing mats can be bought from Aliexpress.com http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20160218131844&SearchText=cutting+mat in A3 or A4 format and sometimes larger for inexpensive prices (Under $20 US). I've bought several products from Aliexpress over the years and if you can wait the 24-30 days for shipping (often shipping is free) then you're golden. Just go with a vendor that has LOTS of positive feedback and lots of transactions. They're selling on there as their regular job and not someone shifty. Also, if your girlfriend likes papercrafting or scrapbooking they have inexpensive carrier sheets to allow paper to be cut on a vinyl cutter. They are adhesive and reusable. You can then use something like Krylon's Easy-Tack to refurbish them when the stickyness goes away from usage.

Also, though you're not asking for this...cheap but decent aluminum large format rulers (meter stick) can be bought from Walmart in their tools section for $6.27 CAD They come in super handy doing long trim jobs. http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/40-meter-stick/6000108188144

• Like 1