Sign in to follow this  
dcbevins

Power Trace - White Gaps - Outline Macro

I run into this problem occasionally.  When I trace a photograph, I get these white gaps in the result.  I still haven't wrapped my head around if it is some settings I am missing in Trace.  It was suggested it is an antialiasing problem on another forum, but I can see how or where to fix it.  They are not really white, just plain gaps with no color.  Maybe somebody knows the setting I am missing.  I can trace in Inkscape and not get these gaps.  In Inkscape, if I disable Stack Scans, I get the gaps.

What I have found is a free macro that will look at all the objects in a selection, and assign a hairline outline color based on the objects color.  This drastically improves the result.  This doesn't apply so much to cutting but more it is an artistic effect.  Still, I thought it was a great free macro and decided to post about it.  It seems to run fine on X7.

Jeff's Outline Color Same as Fill

http://macromonster.com/index.php?mod=descr&id_desc=27

whitegaps.png

Ok. after some fiddling, it is is antialiasing.  Setting the view from enhanced to normal the gaps vanish.  Exporting as bitmap, with antialiasing turned off, it goes away.  The gaps are one pixel wide.  The inkscape things is something else.