Primal Decals

Looking for Specialty vinyl that can handle high heat?

Wasnt sure if it exists since vinyl is heat sensitive to a certain point.But i have a potential customer i bought my led panels from for my new design table,He deals with all LED things and also lighting for theatrical lights that put out some high heat. Its hard to explain but they put together a 4'Lx6"W strip of color gels for the lights and one end of the gel strip has to have a metal plate attached and right now they are using high adhesive tape to make a end seam to hold the metal in place.                    For example- ----  Its like taking a dollar bill and folding it in half,The inside is where the adhesive is and the ends stick to each side of the gel filter material and the metal plate is placed inside the bend of the dollar bill,     Is there a clear vinyl that can hold up to im guessing over 250* .They are getting tired of piecing tape together to make what they need so i thought of special vinyl , or are they just stuck in the mud with what they have?   Thanks for any or all advice and help...

hi Primal Decals,

Orafol sales a few high temp tapes.2 of the up to 338 degress. orafilm 1375, and orafilm 1377. they also have orabond 1395TM @ 320 degrees and a doubled sided tape at 284 degrees Orabond 1399TM. hope that helps you.

if your looking for vinyl, I looked in all my books and the most on it is 230 degrees.

• Like 2

How much over 250*F? If it is isn't going to be too much over 250*F you should be able to get by with Oracal 751 transparent.

http://www.orafol.com/tl_files/content/downloads/technicaldatasheets/americas/en/oracal/oracal-751.pdf

Im not to sure mb20music, all i know its a light for theatre work that uses gels and they said they get hot and its at least 250*. they didnt have access to the lights or the brand of them,so i was just fishing if anything was out there for a high temp application...Ill see what i can do to get more info if possible.

hi Primal Decals,

Orafol sales a few high temp tapes.2 of the up to 338 degress. orafilm 1375, and orafilm 1377. they also have orabond 1395TM @ 320 degrees and a doubled sided tape at 284 degrees Orabond 1399TM. hope that helps you.

if your looking for vinyl, I looked in all my books and the most on it is 230 degrees.

Thanks Molan_Labe...... .....the material needs to be only single sided adhesive. Im supposed to go back to the company for a bid for their business this week if it stops raining here. I see what i can find out for more info.....Thank you everyone for your input and ill see if i can get more details ..If not no biggie they said....They dont do much of this due to rgb leds being produced these days, its just for old school theatre'sThanks...