Sign in to follow this  
secretstache

just bought a ce6000-40 and need help with something dumb

i got everything installed right but for some reason when i insert my vinyl and adjust the pinch roller by pushing it over, i lock it in place press 2 and then I get the CO5004 error message. the error message doesn't happen when i push the one pinch roller back the far left but then my material isn't locked in.

help :(

Make sure the pinch roller is directly over the grit roller,,,There are marks above the grit roller on the vinyl cutter frame.  The far right pinch roller will be on the larger grit roller to the right.  Then place the left pinch roller, over the left grit roller to be on your vinyl. Make sure both line up with the marks on the frame, above the grit roller.

Pictures would help. Your left side (if standing facing the machine) will be at a 6", 12", 18" spacing typically and the right side will have some float so that if you are running something say 15" you run the vinyl in the left side at the 12" and the right can go on over to the right the extra 3 inches to be at the outside of the total 15" width. You move the vinyl over to match the left side that fits the overall width and adjust the right side to the edge once it's there and then when you lower the arm that sets the pinch rollers down the cutter will move to where it needs to be within the wheels (If it has sensors and automatic size polling). If no auto measure then you just move the cutting head to where it needs to be and reset the x/y zero location. I don't know if that is what your having go wrong bit sounds like it. (I don't have a Graphtec but cutters are mostly the same in this regard.