Sign in to follow this  
jet1012

No images

I have been using SB for about 7 years now, I purchase files which go into my complete vector files, I open them from the import in SB, I purchased several the other day and I was deleting old files I no longer use, after that when I open import, only a select few of images will show, the name of the file shows up, but nothing else, going out on limb here and hoping for help???  I also deleted my png files as well, I am wondering if that may have something to do with it, but then I still have some files that show images with the png file deleted with that file. Any help appreciated, I have looked for answers and can't seem to find anything. Thank you!!

Usually when something like that happens you can delete SB and reinstall it to fix the issue.  You will not lose any of your files that way ...

If the ones you download arent  EPS files you can try importing them as EPS files also

If you are not seeing some of the images of sbd files that you have saved in the preview windows, try going into the folder where you save the sbd files and delete all the files that have an .err extension. Once those .err files are deleted, you should once again see those sbd files preview images once again.

Thank you both, I give them a both a shot today and see what happens. If nothing else I have it all backed up and just redo it all. Thanks :)

Although not directly related to your problem in this instance ---  I wanted to remind everyone that there's a "No Preview" button available which will prevent displaying the stuff in each folder. If you don't have this checked, then the SignBlazer program is gonna create new .pvw files in every folder that contains some sort of graphics.

And what to do with all those *pvw items?

Ah-ha.

There's a little script you can use within Windows which seeks and destroys the little suckers (run the script within any folder that has those pesky pvw's)

del *.pvw /s /q 

copy paste that exact command into a new Notepad document, and use the extension .cmd  (instead of .txt)

for instance -- previewcleanup.cmd

• Like 1

I was able to delete the err. files in the ones I have created and saved myself, but the ones I have purchased for commercial use which is another file is where the images will not show up, only files there are ai, eps and those ppw, which I deleted those ones.

The missing images are ones that I have had for years, they only disappeared when I deleted the ppw files and only certain ones, which is where I am confused. Maybe I am overthinking all this.