Sign in to follow this  
decalsdirect954

What type of printer do I need to print full color on vinyl?????

so i have been doing research and can not find the answer to my question! I would like to get into full color printing on vinyl and do not know what type of printer I need. Would something like this work to do the job: 

HP DesignJet 110Plus r - large-format printer - color - ink-jet (96387P) Category: Large Format Printers

I know it does not have a plotter blade to contour cut it right after printing, but I do have a us cutter sc series which has a countour cutting feature already. Any tips would be great. Thank you!

Ps this printer would only be used to cut large quantites of small stickers, not big full color images to wrap vehicles and such.

The picture attached is an example of what I would like to make.

post-97122-0-60566200-1452561382_thumb.p

you are looking for an eco solvent or latex printer to print on vinyl - the eco solvent mimika or Roland are the preferred brands and hp makes a nice latex printer but you will need a separate cutter to contour the prints .   Plan on about $8500 for the 20" roland bn-20 or $14,000 for the 30"   the latex hp's I think are more like $8K - and you will need a plotter with good contour function - with either you will also want to purchase a laminator for items in wear areas or that will be handled .

• Like 1

The printer you are looking at will print on specialty aqueous vinyl that cost more per sq ft and will need lamianted - even then will not last as long as a printer made to print on vinyl like the solvent or latex