Sign in to follow this  
LDR

First tees with some issues

look under you platen and see if you see that ghost image on there. if you do clean it asap. one last thing did you try and sublimate something on there.

The cleaner isn't expensive and is good to have on hand. I don't use teflon on top of my work just because it will get wrinkled and show up in the vinyl over time (and they are expensive) but I DO use parchment paper. I DO have a teflon cover over my lower platen to protect it and help garments slide on and off much easier.  You can get hundreds of press cycles out of a sheet of parchment before it starts to get browned. I would pick up an infrared temperature gun and double check your temperature because it may be inaccurate which will not help your cause in the long run. 

First shirt this morning. Still a light mark on it. Cleaned upper platen with denatured alcohol, temp set @ 312 pressed for 13 seconds. I have calibrated upper platen with temp gun. Platen temp and digital read out are within 1°. I used a piece of parchment paper between shirt and upper platen.post-2460-0-14884200-1452700660_thumb.jp

So with what you just said any contamination has to be coming from your lower platen . . . . Never seen felt on one, did it come that way when new? On the alcohol will that remove wax residue? Trying to cover all angles

• Like 1

The felt come on the press, I'm pretty sure the black come from that. I don't close press now unless there is something between the platens.  

The felt come on the press, I'm pretty sure the black come from that. I don't close press now unless there is something between the platens.

Save yourself some time and extra steps and get fitted Teflon covers

for your platens to prevent this from ruining more shirts.

Sue2

Is that a polyester tshirt look like its a transfer paper

Is that a polyester tshirt look like its a transfer paper

Initially he said he was using Siser EW HTV....

but never mentioned what the type of shirt he is using.