DC Custom

Reflective Starting to Peel after a couple months

So I am having a problem with my reflective. On some parts, (on the vehicle/glass) the edges are starting to lift up. Oracal 5600 red and white. Not sure what the problem is. It happened on a couple different decals on different vehicles. Any thought on what's causing it?

• Like 1

Possibly a temperature issue. Were they in cold weather the day of or after install?

Nope. It was warm. 60's

If it was low 60's then dropped to lower night time cooler temperatures that could be the issue...

Oracal recommends 59˚ F minimum install temps on 5600 and a few of their other reflective films.

Also, were the surfaces prepped properly?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="mb20music" data-cid="410883" data-time="1452149200"><p>

If it was low 60's then dropped to lower night time cooler temperatures that could be the issue...<br />

<br />

Oracal recommends 59˚ F minimum install temps on 5600 and a few of their other reflective films.<br />

<br />

<br />

Also, were the surfaces prepped properly?</p></blockquote>

Yes prepped properly. I did however notice after cutting the reflective, it was a bit difficult to weed. I'm not sure if I remember correctly, or if I'm just thinking it, but when I pulled it, I think I saw glue peeling up as I was weeding. I'm not sure if I didn't have pressure set hard enough.

Any clue what could be wrong? Still peeling even on different vehicles. Could my cutter not be cutting it right. I have used a new 60 degree blade and put more pressure.

No. It also happens on the vehicle body. On my truck, I put some on the back windows and the side door and the window ones peeled a lot and the one on the door peeled a little bit on the edges.

Another vehicle, the entire window decal almost came off and the body ones are starting to peel up in some spots. It was two different reflective rolls because I had to re do that truck once already.

Do you live in an area where they salt the roads / spray the mag/calcium solution? Around me by PA there is a hard to see caked on layer on most cars come spring time.

Also a seal-it pen might have helped.

I had the same problem awhile back. It's been about a year. Found out the roll I purchased had bad adhesive.