Charger_ff

MH721 and Win 10

Just go into the SBE cutter setup and choose the RedSail brand (the 721 is RS800c)  or, do as Bertie suggested in this thread back in July 2016  ---   Cutter:     Creation PCut CT630

On 1/10/2018 at 4:02 PM, slice&dice said:

Just go into the SBE cutter setup and choose the RedSail brand (the 721 is RS800c)  or, do as Bertie suggested in this thread back in July 2016  ---   Cutter:     Creation PCut CT630

Slice & Dice, you seem to have the most knowledge on this issue here, and I've hit a brick wall! I installed the unlocked version you posted, I installed the chipset you posted, I cannot for the life of me get this darn thing to cut! I've chosen the RedSail RS800c and the Creation PCut CT630 and nada! What did I overlook?

42 minutes ago, deannasdecals said:

Slice & Dice, you seem to have the most knowledge on this issue here, and I've hit a brick wall! I installed the unlocked version you posted, I installed the chipset you posted, I cannot for the life of me get this darn thing to cut! I've chosen the RedSail RS800c and the Creation PCut CT630 and nada! What did I overlook?

Not Slice, but are you matching the comport number in your software to the comport number that was assigned in your computer device manager?  Those numbers must match.  Not over comport number 4.  Are you sure the driver installed correctly? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Not Slice, but are you matching the comport number in your software to the comport number that was assigned in your computer device manager?  Those numbers must match.  Not over comport number 4.  Are you sure the driver installed correctly? 

Hi MZ Skeeter! I tried every single port there is! And the drivers appear to have installed correctly. I have tried the tripp-lite connector (didn't even try to recognize on my computer, I bought the Vinyl Master LTR, but I REALLY just need this to work on Sign Blazer!

Your not answering the question.  What com port number did your computer install the driver in your device manager? 1, 2, 3, or 4?   You have to install the driver for the Tripplite Keyspan adapter.  Did you do that? 

2 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Your not answering the question.  What com port number did your computer install the driver in your device manager?   You have to install the driver for the Tripplite Keyspan adapter.  Did you do that? 

USB 001 and I did install the Tripp-Lite driver, still to no avail.

7 minutes ago, deannasdecals said:

USB 001 and I did install the Tripp-Lite driver, still to no avail.

Go into the properties of the driver for the Tripplite Keyspan adapter and open it. See if it has a yellow question mark.  If it does, it is not installed.   After you downloaded the driver. did you extract it and run it?  You must.  Then reboot your computer. 

USB 001 doesn't sound right.

Go back and review the Windows Device Manager to make sure a Com Port is assigned properly (do this manually by right-clicking and adjusting com port in Properties/Advanced) -- rebooting as Skeetz said can jolt it into recognizing the communication.

Go back to the cut screen and scroll through the Output Device and see if there is a Blazer.Com1, or Blazer.Com? (replace the ? with whatever number Windows has assigned to your cutter).

I'm running towards my wit's end on this. I have a similar issue. I have an MH MK2, Win10, and SignBlazer. This is a computer that was upgraded to Win10. Was working and running with Win7.

Figured out that I had SignBlazer 6. Downloaded and installed 7. I also installed the chipset drivers and the MH_MK2_Driver_Win8_10 driver. Printer properties shows my printer on USB002. I have that selected in SignBlazer.

When I go to cut, the job flashes in the print queue and nothing happens.

I feel like I'm really close. But just not getting there.

Your cutter is not a printer. It does not operate like a printer.  And it should be a com port number in your device manager. Those cutters are not True USB like the higher end cutters. 

It acted like a printer for me in the past. It's listed as a printer in devices and printers.

The video you sent me is almost a decade old and a Win7 install. I likely used that when I initially installed this printer 8 years ago. When I setup SignBlazer yesterday, it didn't take me through the Cutter setup and driver install. I had installed the drivers separately. But my cutter is not listed under the com ports. It is listed as a Printer and within the Print Queues.

3Nknpcw.png

Is there a different driver I need to be using?

Signblazer has not been updated for many years, Probably around 8 or more.. The owner passed away. Many people are still "trying" to use an old software on a newer windows 10.   Some it works, some not. People are using a trial version and using the REDSAIL driver with it. The Signblazer version that people are using , doesn't even have the Refine MH series cutters in it.   You may have better luck using a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter and a null modem cable, that came with the cutter.  That is the brand name. Cheap USB to serial adapters will not work with a vinyl cutter. The chipset is as bad as the one in the MH vinyl cutter. 

People coming on the forum now are using this Signblazer...  I am on Google and it starts to download  in the lower left corner when you click on it. 

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

We are all just volunteers here. We don't work for USCutter and they rarely come here.  They do not offer any support for Signblazer anymore. 

Maybe some one else will come along and offer you help. 

You seem to have got the driver installed, and now your have Sign Blazer. Finding the right machine to use in the Sign Blazer setup with be trial and error - as in, pick one, try, pick another, try, etc. Maybe you'll hit one that works. I have an original LaserPoint, and there is no listing for that, so I ended up using one for the PCut.

I would also double check which comport windows has assigned to your machine, and then configure Sign Blazer to that comport. Do not use the Auto, because sometimes is works, and most times it doesn't. Based on your screen shot, it looks like the drivers were installed, but the machine isn't plugged in, because there is no listing in the COM & LPT list.

Got a Keyspan adapter today. Now SignBlazer has the error initializing cutter.

I got the latest driver from Tripp Lite. The adapter initially came in as COM18 I adjusted it to COM1. Set the baud in SB to 4800. In my old version of SB, there is an option for Refine MH721, I'm using that. In the newer version, I was able to find RedSail RS800C. Neither are getting through.

I also no longer have USCutter listed as a printer.

Without the Keyspan, there wasn't a comport associated.

Use com port number 2 or .3  Make sure the baud rates match.  Just to make sure, You are using the null modem cable that came with the vinyl cutter correct?  Null modem cable connected  to cutter, then to Trippilite Keyspan Adapter.   USB end of Triplite Keyspan Adapter to USB com port of computer. 

I'll try 2. 3-17 are listed as "in use". Bauds are 4800 on both com port and Sign Blazer.

I don't think I have any of the original cables that came with the cutter. I might have used the original USB cable when I got it 8 years ago. I got a longer USB cable when I moved 6 years ago.

This is the Keyspan I got, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000VYJRY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the Null Modem cable I got, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CEMGMMM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Default baud is 9600.

Show us a screenshot of the SignBlazer cutter setup.  (Output device is what I want to see)

[This post got long. But I want to get as much info out here in the hopes that it may help someone else who is having problems.]

No love from Com2. Here are what the Com settings look like. This will net an the error initializing cutter.

FYI, I have two instances of SignBlazer. Release 6.0.21 (Refine) that I have been using and Release 7.0.0 (RedSail) that I found on one of slice&dice's posts. Two completely separate installations. I'm trying to see if one will work. So far, they are both behaving the same way.

image.thumb.png.bcb79384852e7bebd46168419a4cea48.pngimage.thumb.png.438ad83350975423770c330ec6d175be.png

I found an updated FTDI driver, (21228) and gave that a shot. Here are the USB settings. No love this way either. But it seems to be closer. There isn't the initialization error. And the job will flash in the print queue. But that's it. It flashes and the cutter itself just continues to sit idle.

image.png.3273faeb655db974ad2a63d7b56176b4.pngimage.png.315458baf9af4142a3baee60001878bb.png

I found a PDF (attached) for Windows 7 setup which is exactly the process that I am doing how. But with the Win8 driver that I found here: https://www.uscuttersupport.com/mh-series-vinyl-cutter-setup.html (https://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Drivers/MH_MK2_Driver_Win8_10.zip) Although I am not experiencing Step 13 where Windows Security comes in about not being able to verify the publisher of the driver.

I had a similar issue when I first got this thing 8 years ago. I posted about it here and the FTDI driver got me out of the pickle. But it doesn't have the spice this time around. I am seeing some bits about driver security. But I'm not getting any pop-ups about any of these drivers being unsigned. Would Win10 throw a fit about an unsigned driver or just do nothing?

I appreciate you guys helping out with this. It's kind of a shame that USCutter doesn't seem to be lifting a finger here. In fact a lot of their links that I have been digging through are dead. I get excited when I find something that seems new and I download it only to find that I already have that piece of the puzzle.

MH_USB_WIN7.pdf

Slice suggested baud rate of 9600.  Have you tried that? 

USCutter went to newer software, that has updates.  They no longer support Signblazer, it's too old.  The owner passed away several years back and has not been updated for many years.  They are not going to support abandonware.  Signblazer has been cracked a couple times with patches. 

You do have the correct Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter and null modem cable. 

UScutter rarely comes to the forum, pretty much user to user here. 

Dump the two installs. Could cause a conflict.

Have you loaded this CDM driver? --- 
http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Drivers/cdm20828_setup_windows.exe

Change the Port to 3. (switch the bluetooth thingy to 2) and Set the Baud 9600. Reboot.

As an aside, I prefer the Workspace icon to be accessible right there in the toolbar, at the top, so you also might want to drag it into there (right-click on any open space in the toolbar).

I can stick with the 6.0.21 as that has a more correct device option and known to work (Worked before).

The CDM driver, I had initially loaded the 20828 until I found the updated 21228.

Tried 4800 and 9600 rates. Moved the Bluetooth thing and set the Keyspan to COM3. Both rates, still initialization error.

You said that you stopped getting the initialization error.

I'm outta suggestions.