Charger_ff

MH721 and Win 10

I'm trying to do the same thing.

When I run the USCutter Drivers under the SignBlazer Elements folder, Select the USCutter MH Refine and Install, I get the "Cannot Complete the Device Drive Install Wizard, USCutter Printer (06/05/2011 6.10.00.00) Install failed"

Any ideas?

When I run the USCutter Drivers under the SignBlazer Elements folder, Select the USCutter MH Refine and Install, I get the "Cannot Complete the Device Drive Install Wizard, USCutter Printer (06/05/2011 6.10.00.00) Install failed"

Any ideas?

I just installed my MH721 tonight and it was was a bear to get past the Windows 10 driver signature verification. I found a nice how to on going to settings and bypassing it with a google search. 

Any ideas?

Yes, I have the solution.

Don't even try to install USCUTTER machine-specific drivers.

Just go into the SBE cutter setup and choose the RedSail brand (the 721 is RS800c)

That will be sufficient to run your unit.

I have the same cutter and I use it on win 10 without problems.

now, what I have is a problem with the blade holder i think. Seen to me that the holder is not straight, any idea? or the holder suppose to be like that?

thanks.

post-87958-0-34034600-1453688836_thumb.j

post-87958-0-96216500-1453688844_thumb.j

I have downloaded the more current version of SignBlazer Elements on my Windows 10 PC, and I'm still unable to cut anything with SignBlazer.  I also have Sure Cuts Alot 3, and it operates the cutter just fine.  "Can not open the output device. Error initializing cutter"

I have downloaded the more current version of SignBlazer Elements on my Windows 10 PC, and I'm still unable to cut anything with SignBlazer.  I also have Sure Cuts Alot 3, and it operates the cutter just fine.  "Can not open the output device. Error initializing cutter"

Check your output device settings in the cut screen setup. 

Check your output device settings in the cut screen setup. 

What should it be?  It's currently "Blazer Com1".

Signblazer output Com number, should match the com number in your computer device manager...that you are using. Go to your computer device manager and see which com port number is being used.   They must match. to make your cutter work.

What you can do is try them all until you find the one that works. Make sure you have your cutter hooked up to your computer so it will see it.

I have the same cutter and I use it on win 10 without problems.

now, what I have is a problem with the blade holder i think. Seen to me that the holder is not straight, any idea? or the holder suppose to be like that?

thanks.

That does not look right to me...lol..

What you can do is try them all until you find the one that works. Make sure you have your cutter hooked up to your computer so it will see it.

I know which one works, because that port works with Sure Cuts A Lot 3.  Something in the program itself. US Cutter Support tells me that Sign Blazer Elements is not compatible with Windows 8 or 10.  But, if some of you are using it on Windows 10, that makes me wonder what I'm missing.

I just upgraded my computer to windows 10. I didn't have to do any changes to the preference of the cutter and anything else. Sign blazer and Inkscape worked perfect

• Like 1

I know this is quite an old post but my settings for my MH721 remained the same when I upgraded to Win 10 (from Win 7) made no difference and everything worked ok after the upgrade.

Here's my settings;

Cutter:     Creation PCut CT630

Output Device:    Blazer.COM4 . USB Serial Port

Just to revisit an old thread, I have just got a second laptop to dedicate to graphics work and downloaded Signblazer using the link provided by slice&dice (thanks).  With no MH721 driver I have tried the Redsail 800c and the Creation PT630 drivers as discussed above - but without success; in both instances, Signblazer traces the proposed cutting path but then doesn't seem to send to cutter.  Anyone have any thoughts?  I still have Signblazer on the original laptop (which works) - is there anyway to extract the driver and transfer to new laptop?

Any assistance would be gratefully received!

Garry

31 minutes ago, RoundalCutter said:

Just to revisit an old thread, I have just got a second laptop to dedicate to graphics work and downloaded Signblazer using the link provided by slice&dice (thanks).  With no MH721 driver I have tried the Redsail 800c and the Creation PT630 drivers as discussed above - but without success; in both instances, Signblazer traces the proposed cutting path but then doesn't seem to send to cutter.  Anyone have any thoughts?  I still have Signblazer on the original laptop (which works) - is there anyway to extract the driver and transfer to new laptop?

Any assistance would be gratefully received!

Garry

Support page

https://support.uscutter.com/support/solutions/folders/14000106611

FTDI  chipset driver installer

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Drivers/cdm20828_setup_windows.exe

That old, unsupported SignBlazer program is not listed anywhere on the USCutter support page anymore, so it's impossible to locate unless you have this 'secret' URL, so I do feel the need to repeat here the download link for the hybrid version (in the HELP/About menu it shows release v.7.0.0)

SBE v7 (unlocked) http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

Garry, glad you got SignBlazer installed OK, and it appears you gotta check your (Win10 Device manager) com settings and then make sure you've got the right baud rate in SB Cutter Setup. I think you're supposed to drop it from 9600 to 4800 for the MH721-MK11

Thank you for both responses, I'll go through the set up again this week and see how far I get!  SignBlazer has proved very useful (and quite capable) so I don't want to have to give up on it yet!

Garry

Ok, family circumstances have conspired to stop me getting to grips with my MH721/Win 10 issue since my last post.  I have just been through the process of downloading and trying to update the driver but still have a real issue.

In Device Manager, when plugged in to USB and switched on, plotter comes up as Ports (COM & LPT) USB-SERIAL CH340 (COM4)

When I try to update using the driver from support page, Win 10 says most suitable driver already loaded

After updating driver it does not move to the Printers Group in Device Manager

Moving to SignBlazer, and go to cutter set up, I can see blazer.COM3: - USB-SERIAL CH340 in Output Device but MH721 doesn't show I'm list of cutters.

Please, does any one know where I am going wrong?

Garry

your plotter will not show as a printer as it is not  a printer - 

as far as it showing in the list of cutters depending on the the version of signblazer it could show under uscutter sub menu or under refine that makes the plotter - 
I wonder if the UK version of the mh721 uses a different mainboard than the us version

2 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

your plotter will not show as a printer as it is not  a printer - 

as far as it showing in the list of cutters depending on the the version of signblazer it could show under uscutter sub menu or under refine that makes the plotter - 
I wonder if the UK version of the mh721 uses a different mainboard than the us version

Thanks for the response.  Refine doesn't show in list.  Should I try find another version of signblazer?  is their other software I could try?