iamjosan

Keeping Vinyl Flat on Plotter

Hi,

I noticed that when my plotter is cutting the vinyl, it scratches it while moving from one point to another. I tried troubleshooting by adjusting the needle, the up_speed, pressure, and baud rate. I finally tried pressing the vinyl down with my fingers while cutting and that helped.

So now I want to know how I can keep the vinyl as flat as possible on the plotter. An even better solution would be to allow for the needle to go up higher when moving from one point to another.

Any suggestions?

post-87652-0-13134200-1451524756_thumb.j

What cutter do you have? The higher end models have fans that create suction from within that help hold the vinyl in place. Not much else you can do besides running a third pinch roller. 

What cutter do you have? The higher end models have fans that create suction from within that help hold the vinyl in place. Not much else you can do besides running a third pinch roller. 

I have the MH 721-MK2. I have 3 pinch rollers but they don't keep the vinyl flat enough. I will post a picture to demonstrate the scratches.

You could try putting the blade holder higher up in the clamp. I did this when I used a MH721. I had a gap roughly the thickness of a penny between the blade tip and vinyl.

• Like 1

You could try putting the blade holder higher up in the clamp. I did this when I used a MH721. I had a gap roughly the thickness of a penny between the blade tip and vinyl.

This works beautifully! You are a genius! Thank you!  :D  :wub: