Primal Decals

whats your thoughts on a starter heat press

Im looking into a heat press, read a few discussions on here, so my budget is about 400 give or take 450. I seen the swing aways on the uscutter and the clam shell but for a good starter what do you suggest buddys? here are the ones i looked at. Thank you for your help..........post-88251-0-61787800-1451335351_thumb.jpost-88251-0-44411500-1451335362_thumb.jpost-88251-0-64133600-1451335381_thumb.jpost-88251-0-37247400-1451335395_thumb.j

If you are doing sublimation, then swingaway is your only choice. I also recommend it if you like the hair on top of your arms.  (I have scars on top of mine from burning my arms when i was adjusting a shirt on a clamshell.)

Clamshell is a lot cheaper usually - so if you're looking for a "First machine" and don't do sublimation, I'd recommend that perfect press.  Just watch your arms. Those top platens are hot.

I dont do Sublimation. only htv no printed as of yet...

If you are doing sublimation, then swingaway is your only choice. I also recommend it if you like the hair on top of your arms.  (I have scars on top of mine from burning my arms when i was adjusting a shirt on a clamshell.)

Clamshell is a lot cheaper usually - so if you're looking for a "First machine" and don't do sublimation, I'd recommend that perfect press.  Just watch your arms. Those top platens are hot.

port and company

so what is the basic tshirt in that whole line up of products lol..Since i dont understand anything about them..lol Thank you

so what is the basic tshirt in that whole line up of products lol..Since i dont understand anything about them..lol Thank you

PC61

• Like 2

Thank you,,, found this link,,, it is a value or joke...http://www.blankshirts.com/Port-Company.htm?gender=158#.VoHTv1JNOjw

and what about the brand of htv as well. I heard of siser but what is the best recommended or suggested for just basic tees on cotton or 50/50 blend shirts..I thank everyone for your input...

Primal you will want to get your own account with Sanmar.com to get wholesale prices. As you buy you can eventually get higher level price breaks but they are based on overall volume. The biggest problem you may have is providing a resellers license to get an account. If you don't have a license then you will be stuck at jiffy shirt or other similar places. The port and company shirts are my favorite too. Nice quality with great pricing. Other options I use from time to time are District, Gildan, Hanes and even Fruit of the Loom. These are also available through Sanmar at wholesale prices so it's a great way to go if you have the proper license and can talk you way in the door. You will be asked what other clothing suppliers you use and your estimated volume etc...

• Like 2

Also with Sanmar ask about case pricing. They'll give it to anybody but if your sales aren't high enough after a period of time they will lower you back down the the standard pricing.

• Like 1

Ok thank you guys. I will check it out....... Another question i was told to ask about all this from my girlfriend is what material can i use for printing from a pigment printer for heat transfer pressing,Ill post this in another part of the forum if needed.I just thought it was ok since its heat press related. Thank you everyone.You guys rock like always..Dwayne

You can print on several types of transfer paper even with die based ink but the pigment will last much better. I use Jet Pro Soft Stretch (JPSS) and 3G. JPSS is for white (or sometimes light colored) shirts where the 3G is for dark shirts. 

Oh I forgot to chime in on HTV from your previous question. I have used several brands and Siser easyweed/easyweed stretch are my favorites. Stah's makes some comparable products but I tend to stick with Siser. It's nice and fast and easy to work with. Layering you just pop the first color(s) for about 3 seconds and peel hot and add the next layer with the final layer being the one you do the full 12-15 second press on. I do many hundreds of shirts and Siser has proven itself as the best time saver as well as a great product. 

• Like 2

I use SS Activewear out of Chicago. I have never had an issue with them. They send my order to Empire Printing out of ST Louis, and they Blind ship to the Customer. I have ran 1000's of shirts, and never had an issue. My shirt costs are around $1.25, regardless if I don't order for a week, or a month. I use Gildan shirts.

• Like 1

ok im back on this subject again..I dont want to spend $800 plus on a heatpress yet so what do you suggest for a heat press,and i know i want a 16x20 correct and with center pressure control ?  i will be using siser easyweed and or stretch per wildgoose suggestion.. so i want a heatpress .. help me please lol      oh and what supplies i need as well..

• Like 1

Im getting the Hotronix fusion 16x20 for $2100...Might as well go big and best right ? lol Now  i need to decide on shirts,sweaters brand. but i will buy as needed by orders. i know or think i know lol i want Gildan 50/50 blend for shirts? and i will be using easyweed stretch so it feels more normal and not bulky or heavy right? .... so much to decide..lol..How does everyone tell their customers what size to actually order so there wont be a size issue or should i have one of each size for them to try on or sample visually?

Final pointers or suggestions to finish my order of what i need will be greatfully thankful..

• Like 1

@Dakotagrafx  or anyone ? Wildgoose was helping me on this but he had to take off...So im looking for the end of my help on things....do you know if should get which one? Silicone Heat Press Upper Platen Cover or Non-Stick Heat Press Upper Platen Cover?

Things i have in my shopping cart right now is

1 - 11x15 platen

1- 6x10 platen

1- Hotronix fusion heat press

1- 6x8 pillow

1-5x18 pillow

1- 12x14 pillow

Im at 2436.00 or should i get this ---->The Hotronix® FUSION® Heat Press Package includes the following:

• FUSION® 16" x 20" Heat Press
  • 11" x 15" Quick Change Platen
  • 6" x 20" FUSION Quick Change Sleeve/Leg Platen
  • 16" x 20" Quick Slip Lower Platen Protector
  • 11" x 15" Quick Slip Lower Platen Protector
  • Pack of 25 Kraft Paper Cover Sheets
  • 340 piece Pre-Cut Number Kit – Thermo-FILM® in 8" Varsity Font
  • Transfer Express® Marketing Kit
  • Stahls' TV Heat Press Training
  • UPS Ground Shipping (Valid only within continental US)

All for just $2,559.00 (financing available) – Save over $350!

Am i missing anything lol ...or do i not get something in my list lol

Im getting the parchment paper from another source per Wildgoose suggestion..

goose is the one to ask (sorry he had to run)  - I use an older hotronix swinger , 2 platens and pillows.  the fusion looks cool and lots of great features just haven't made that jump

I do like the platen cover - but curious with your cutter why you would want the pre cut numbers?
on the craft paper covers I have a roll  of butcher paper from the warehouse club so no need there

Thanks......he gave me a lot of awesome info....i dont want the pre cut numbers,,, it just comes with it..lol..thought about calling them to see if i can get a deal since im buying such a package of things..

I'm back. We got a couple huge snowstorms and the local towns have been hiring us to run our road graders plowing streets. How would you like to wake up in the morning to a 3 foot tall wall of snow and ice across your drive. Not popular among the natives. 

They don't do much in the way of changes and exchanges so I think the deal is the deal. If you add up the main press and the two extra platens you are at $2500 anyway so the extra stuff is basically free. I have a small stack of the kraft paper but use parchment more often. You can partially see through it so you know if you accidentally dislodged your vinyl before final press. I have not had use for an 8"x 10" platen yet. If you did bags or tiny kids stuff you might want them. The 11"x 15" I use a lot and often the skinny one fits the weird need like sleeves legs, across shoulders on football jerseys. I ran it on a bunch of full zip hoodies the other day because it let me lay the zipper just off the platen for alignment and then put a 4" LC logo on 3" down from the neck line. With regular platens I would have had to run my pillow to get good adhesion with the zipper in play. Since you are in the mode I would say grab a pillow or two. I have a 12"x 15" that works in almost every scenario even if you just have to lay it under the whole garment like a baby onsie. I also have a skinny pillow that I used before I had the leg platen option and still occasionally have a leg zipper or something weird that it comes in handy. I have had to re-stuff both my pillows with fresh foam due to hundreds of uses with my old press but that only costs a few bucks so they will last you forever. 

Thanks Wildgoose.....I wish i could wake up to that much here or any actually , we barely get snow anymore..lol.. But It would freeze out a lot of riff raff that hang out that cause trouble lol...

So for the pillows should i skip or use what you use for it... And i should get the covers for both sides?

Im ready to buy but On stahls website they have the platen covers but a couple different ones ,which ones should i get ? 1.Quick Slip Lower Platen Protector, 2.Silicone Heat Press Upper Platen Cover, 3. Non-Stick Heat Press Upper Platen Cover. and i seen this also  Flexible Application Pad. I thought about calling them for help but felt they would possibly push everything on me to buy...Thank you guys and sorry for the drag on questions. just getting everything correct.

The lower platens will all come with the slip on cover which is what you want. I have never ran a top platen cover. I do clean my platen once or twice a year but using a cover sheet of parchment keeps the worst of it off and even if you were to run one of the silicone covers I think they still get dirty so whats the difference. Just more layers and several of your applications will require a slight time adjustment to allow for the extra on there. Just not a big deal. For instance the plastisol transfers I use say no cover sheet at all. They make a mess and I end up cleaning things later because I'm anal but I have e never had any transfer over to another shirt, even white to black.