j.ldesigns

concrete walls/colored vinyl

I have a client that's looking to do some designs on a concrete wall inside of a gym. The design is simple and single colored but I'm looking for advice, what works best for a concrete block wall that is painted. I know they have rough wall vinyl and such but that is for a printer and cost wise I don't see it being effective to have it printed then cut. My thoughts would be to use a solid color vinyl in the color and lay it on the wall.

To give you an idea its  EKG strip(heart beat strip) going around the room in all around 50' at about 20'' tall

To help the vinyl adhere to the rough wall, use a tennis ball. Roll the ball over your transfer tape with some pressure to insure that the vinyl gets pushed onto and into the surface of the wall.

• Like 1

Those rubber squishy ball things that people use for stress relief (I think they are filled with flour or similar) also work well for pressing into uneven surfaces. 

The paint is what's going to save you. Regular concrete doesn't work very well. If they are rough walls that have had a layer of topping rubbed on them you're probably going to have a problem too. They will have a sand paper like feel and make it tough to get adhesion.