I was also wondering.

I would hope they know how to run a SQL dump without having to take the site down.

I've wondered why they can't see to get it fixed also.

It's gettng old real fast!

I agree it's not good for the company image, hopefully someone from USCutter will read this and take action.

• Like 1

its driving me nuts. every weekend really? ive had to start going to another forum since this has been a repeated thing constantly...I really hope they fix it asap.

I would hope they know how to run a SQL dump without having to take the site down.

Apparently not.

I invited USC tech guru to stop on and comment on this problem - see if he can shed some light on this.

The first time or two I thought, the sql sever crashed, nobody in the office.  They will fix it on Monday.  Then, I noticed some Sundays it comes back up.  So I thought, someone at home noticed, freaked out, drove to the office, reset the server.  Now I am not sure.  Maybe it is failed auto maintenance.  Maybe they didn't drive just remoted in.

its driving me nuts. every weekend really? ive had to start going to another forum since this has been a repeated thing constantly...I really hope they fix it asap.

Me too!

• Like 1

hello -

USCutter has been a fast growing company and the platform  that we used to create our original site are pretty much maxxed out.  We tend to get into trouble on weekends as this is the time when a lot of the system maintenance, backups, etc. get done.  What used to be pretty easy and small back-up processes that we did between 2 and 3 in the morning on Sundays can now just bring our system to it's knees for hours.  Unfortunately the forum has kind of been like a fuse that blows so the whole system doesn't blank out.

We're working on a new software platfrom but frankly it's quite a trick.  (We kind of liken it to building a new basement for a big shopping mall while the stores upstairs are still open for business.)   We wish we had it in place already - it has a lot of great bells and whistles that are going to make it a much better experience for everyone.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up John,  Please what ever you do, do not even think about using vBulletin as your forum software.  Stick with IPB or better go with XenForo.