Sign in to follow this  
Keystone Kustom Decals

New to the heat press. HELP'

Ok got the 15x15 press.

Set to settings according to Siser for using Stretch.

I am unsure as far as adjusting pressure on the machine....

I've adjusted time and heat but still not getting good transfer.

Corners peeled and vinyl itself pulls right off.....

What am I doing wrong"

Do I need to use a pad every time

check your temp with a ir thermometer to make sure the temps are accurate across the platen - then increase pressure some.   make sure you are pre pressing 5 seconds to remove moisture before applying the HTV

It is the 15x15 clamshell.

In Fahrenheit.

Not sure on the pressure, I'm guessing that's what my issue is. I've messed with the only adjustment with no change.

I also did the pre press and turned heat up quite a bit. I will have to check with temp gun though.

Yes it is most likely not enough pressure, you have the clamshell press with the little black knob on the top right? 

Sorry should have been more clear, what is the brand name of the heat press (maybe post a picture of the unit). Are you cutting on the proper side of the E-Z weed?

• Like 1

What kind of press? Are you set in Fahrenheit or Celsius? How much pressure?

Make sure you are in Fahrenheit

You can clamp down a dollar bill in each corner and try to pull it out if you can need more pressure.

I have a feeling its a heat issue or time firm pressure 329 degrees for 30 seconds should be a good starting point

I bet your heat is off. My first press was so far off it surprised me. If you get a decent firm lock on your pressure it will probably be enough. Heat for Siser is 305-310 for 12-15 seconds. You can go hotter by quite a bit without causing a failure. I was doing some mixed vinyl and the other brand needed 330 and the Siser didn't seem to have a problem. Little teeny bit of adhesive pushed out around the edges but you had to use a magnifying glass to see it. I wouldn't go over heat on purpose on a regular basis though. 

If you have some regular Siser (non-stretch) you can look to see if the fabric texture comes through the vinyl. Stretch doesn't show this way though. 

Also, You might want to make sure the collar of the shirt is hanging off the press to get an even press throughout. At least that's what I do when pressing my shirts.

Give it a try to see if that helps

• Like 1