Sign in to follow this  
mondoboi

tips for weeding

Wanted to know if anyone had any secrets or tips for what i am trying to do. Im making some tee-shirts and want to cut out numbers and letters with holes throughout them like a jersey. is there a quicker easier way to get them out or do i need to tough it out and not be a poon about it. 

They do make perforated t-shirt vinyl. I think it's a little more expensive since it's typically made to be printed on and then cut. With regular HTV you would need to weed each and every hole that you cut. Some people warm up the HTV prior to weeding by placing, not pressing, it on the warm bottom platen of the heat press for a few seconds. It makes the HTV easier to weed.

If you are just going for the look you might also do a solid background then a second layer of the dots. It would give the appearance without all the work. 

I had great success with so called 'reversed weeding'. It when you put vinyl on transfer tape and weed it there.

You're talking about regular vinyl. mondoboi is asking about heat transfer vinyl for t-shirts.

Put in weddings lines/boxes.  Either via your cutting software or in the design itself.  This makes little Islands of weeding areas.

Some people warm up the HTV prior to weeding by placing, not pressing, it on the warm bottom platen of the heat press for a few seconds. It makes the HTV easier to weed.

Wonder if this would work with the Glitter HTV... That is a PAIN to weed!!!

Wonder if this would work with the Glitter HTV... That is a PAIN to weed!!!

More blade, more pressure. It'll weed like butter.