Sign in to follow this  
Coaster36

Anyone know why shipping label prints like this?

Does anyone know why my shipping labels print like this? If I print from the USPS site of Etsy the labels print with this skew down the middle.  They are pdf files and they look fine on screen, Ive updated adobe reader and checked the alignment on the printer.

I circled it so you can see. Its pretty obvious in person.

Any ideas?

post-23799-0-99306200-1450193465_thumb.j

Maybe this will help. It suggests cleaning your encoder strip.

www.fixyourownprinter.com/posts/51249

Ill read through that link thanks, I have tried with the USPS site and this seems to be the only thing that prints messed up. Everything else I print is fine, Its just shipping labels.

Not sure why you would waste the $$ on inkjet.... Laser is the best option.

I'd say thermal is better than laser for printing shipping labels. Just depends on how often and how many you need to print.

• Like 2

I'd say thermal is better than laser for printing shipping labels. Just depends on how often and how many you need to print.

wife tried laminating a thermo printed ultrasound pic in the heat laminator a few months ago - I just shook my head as she made a trip 30 miles north at 7pm to get the daughter a replacement picture.  I was surprised the dr office was open late but they saved the wife.

wife tried laminating a thermo printed ultrasound pic in the heat laminator a few months ago - I just shook my head as she made a trip 30 miles north at 7pm to get the daughter a replacement picture.  I was surprised the dr office was open late but they saved the wife.

I would have just said it's a ultrasound picture from the baby's perspective :huh:

• Like 2

Yup...we learned that lesson with a Concert Ticket!  

Solid black is good!

:lol:

Yep, amazon had a DYMO 4XL on sale awhile back for $115 I picked it up, couldn't operate without it now!

Yep you are correct it's about 1/2 the cost of using my laser. I may have to switch.

We have a UPS account and so far they have been providing the

thermal roll shipping labels at no additional charge.......

Sue2

What happened here? I go away for a few hours and were talking about ultrasounds?! Focus people focus!! 

So the reason I use my epson to print shipping labels is 'cause I print like 1 a week so Im not going to pay for a dedicated label printer. That would make no sense. 

Ive come to the conclusion that Im going to have to live with the slightly jacked up label. Oh well.

Carry on with whatever you want to talk about...

• Like 1

sorry coaster - point is on a thermo printer heat can be an issue after printing.   I have seen some come in that were hardly readable but not too often.  
since this problem is only with etsy labels I am guessing it has something to do on their end with the software used to create the label for you to print - like the scan is shifting while it is being created. otherwise it would be doing it with all your other labels.

Well it happens when I print directly from the usps site as well. So either something with the label generator or something on my end with adobe. Everything else prints fine. 

Who knows. I guess it isnt a common problem and Ill probably just ignore it from now on.