Sign in to follow this  
Trillion

Looking to print out small stickers that will last but don't want to spend £1000s

Hello guys, is there a cheaper alternative to buying a large format solvent or eco solvent printer that will accept rolls of adhesive printable vinyl? I'm just looking to make small sets of stickers, but they need to be of a high quality and last a long time.

Any ideas?

Thanks

outsource to someone with a solvent or latex printer .  . .   pretty sure we have a couple from across the pond on here.  that is about the only way you are going to get high quality and long lasting at a decent price.   if there was a cheaper way there wouldn't be so many people buying solvent and  latex printers now days

Right, I see! What do you think about using those A4 pieces of sticker paper, laminating them and then cutting them out? Would they be ok for train set/RC decals etc? Wouldn't a good inkjet printer suffice for work like that? And if not, do you know what the cheapest option in terms of buying an eco solvent printer would be? I'd like to do it myself since that's the fun of it!

train set and rc decals are typically not exposed to the elements  =  I thought you was talking about outdoor decals and to sell - for what you are saying get some aqueous based vinyl print with a printer with pigmant ink, and laminate /contour like you said.  for outdoor stuff about the cheapest is the roland bn-20n at $8500 new

Hi thanks for the reply, I would like to sell them but nothing outdoors, just basic stickers. I typed pigment ink printer into google and got results for printers like this back: http://www.printerland.co.uk/HP-Officejet-Pro-8620-P133908.aspx?source=AddwordsA7F65A&gclid=Cj0KEQiA7rmzBRDezri2r6bz1qYBEiQAg-YEtvYN0FO-ZDNzYBdkxyANdWOh1hFESvdqVcLIACx3U40aAutG8P8HAQ

Would that be ok?

Do you have any examples of aqueous based vinyl stuff? Thanks mate

Hi thanks for the reply, I would like to sell them but nothing outdoors, just basic stickers. I typed pigment ink printer into google and got results for printers like this back: http://www.printerland.co.uk/HP-Officejet-Pro-8620-P133908.aspx?source=AddwordsA7F65A&gclid=Cj0KEQiA7rmzBRDezri2r6bz1qYBEiQAg-YEtvYN0FO-ZDNzYBdkxyANdWOh1hFESvdqVcLIACx3U40aAutG8P8HAQ

Would that be ok?

Do you have any examples of aqueous based vinyl stuff? Thanks mate

never use the stuff myself - will have to wait for someone else to answer  I have a roland versacamm

I have used Jexar from Fellers

https://www.fellers.com/fellers-shopping/cat/white-inkjet-vinyls/sub/water-based-inkjet-vinyl/set/jexar

and

TOUGHcoat  WR from LexJet

http://www.lexjet.com/p-2966-LexJet-TOUGHcoattrade-Water-Resistant-Self-Adhesive-Polypropylene.aspx

Both with a clear cold over-laminate for weather/fingerprint protection.

Sue2

I have a decal I printed on my epson and sprayed in frog juice that's been on my truck tool box for at least 2 years now. It still looks fine to me. Inkjet and a good vinyl or spray laminate will last as long as you need it to.

I use the Jexar & TOUGHcoat vinyls on my HP5500 wide format

aqueous printer. BUT, for quick/cheap color decals I have cut sheets

off the rolls and run them through my Epson 1100 then laminated.

They last a good long time but this may not work well for your use

as they end up fairly thick (9-10 mil)  with the laminate added.

Sue2