Sign in to follow this  
xpaperman

Graphtec help needed

I have an FC5100-150.  Was working fine....like a boss.... job finished, I took out my vinyl and went to load a different color and now it won't recognize media.

I have been googling with no luck yet.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas.

I have cycled power and even unplugged it to see if that would clear things up.... no luck

did  you try turning off the sensors and using it till  you figure it out.  I am sure you cleaned the back and front sensors in the little windows if it is the front, back way it isn't sensing it

Maybe try a "factory reset"

Turn power off, hold down the "up" arrow button (^) and turn the power on while holding the button.  NOVRAM will begin and just follow the queues.

did  you try turning off the sensors and using it till  you figure it out.  I am sure you cleaned the back and front sensors in the little windows if it is the front, back way it isn't sensing it

I did in fact clean the sensors.  No luck.  I can't get into the menu to turn off sensors.  The screen stays at load media.

Maybe try a "factory reset"

Turn power off, hold down the "up" arrow button (^) and turn the power on while holding the button.  NOVRAM will begin and just follow the queues.

When NOV RAM comes up it just sits there and says NOVRAM CLEAR END.  No buttons will work.... have to turn it off and back on to get rid of NOVRAM               

When NOV RAM comes up it just sits there and says NOVRAM CLEAR END.  No buttons will work.... have to turn it off and back on to get rid of NOVRAM               

PM sent.

I did in fact clean the sensors.  No luck.  I can't get into the menu to turn off sensors.  The screen stays at load media.

Would it matter if the pinch rollers are up or down?

When my qe60+ plus did that with no warning it ended up being a mb. Just a thought but hopefully it's something stupid.

When my qe60+ plus did that with no warning it ended up being a mb. Just a thought but hopefully it's something stupid.

The only worry there is age..... this is an older unit, hope I can find one.  For now tho Mz SKEETER provided some great info.  I hope I can find time today to mess with it.  I am really just to busy for this right now.  Have to fall back on my back up unit (Titan 2) for now.  Still have an SC backing that up if my luck turns for the worse.  Maybe after the holidays I will just sell all three and upgrade to a new graphtec!

• Like 3

Ok, some may be curious what happened here......

I finally got around to messing with this issue tonight.  I pulled up the manual referebce Skeeter referenced and got to " diegnosin' ".  After about an hour messing with thw SW1 as referenced in the manual and getting nowhere..... I turned to my friend Jack (Daniels) for some advice.

He told me to check the orientation of SW1.  Well crap.  the switch was UPSIDE DOWN as pictured in the manual..... SHIT!

Start over..... (Thanks Jack btw)  now, with the proper dip switch settings.... I was able to get to the sensor test menu they talk about in the manual.  The test pinpointed the problem no to the media sensors themselves but the pinch roller sensor....hmmmm.

Well, (after putting all settings I had changed back to where they were before, at the request of Jack)  I was now back at square 1 with the same problem.  Now I started checking all the wiring for the pinch roller sensor to make sure everything was properly seated.

Retest.... No luck.

With a pat on the back from Jack, and the addition of my readers/cheaters and a flashlight I start messing with the pinch roller arm and watching everything that happens when it moves.  I noticed (or maybe Jack noticed) that as the pinch rollers were lowered there was a piece of metal (behind the side panel) that moved.  After further inspection of this moving piece it seemed to be hitting a piece of plastic that prevented it from moving further forward.  As I jiggled that piece of metal, sure enough it was loose.  There was a screw adjustment for it so I tightend  the screw and retried.  That piece of metal not went passed the plastic piece right IN BETWEEN THE TWO SENSORS LOOKING FOR IT!!  BOOM!

It turned out to be a simple lose screw!  The 60" beast is back up and running.

Maybe now is a good time to dump it on Jaybird....

Thanks Skeeter for the link to get me started in the right direction.

• Like 2

Ok, some may be curious what happened here......

I finally got around to messing with this issue tonight.  I pulled up the manual referebce Skeeter referenced and got to " diegnosin' ".  After about an hour messing with thw SW1 as referenced in the manual and getting nowhere..... I turned to my friend Jack (Daniels) for some advice.

He told me to check the orientation of SW1.  Well crap.  the switch was UPSIDE DOWN as pictured in the manual..... SHIT!

Start over..... (Thanks Jack btw)  now, with the proper dip switch settings.... I was able to get to the sensor test menu they talk about in the manual.  The test pinpointed the problem no to the media sensors themselves but the pinch roller sensor....hmmmm.

Well, (after putting all settings I had changed back to where they were before, at the request of Jack)  I was now back at square 1 with the same problem.  Now I started checking all the wiring for the pinch roller sensor to make sure everything was properly seated.

Retest.... No luck.

With a pat on the back from Jack, and the addition of my readers/cheaters and a flashlight I start messing with the pinch roller arm and watching everything that happens when it moves.  I noticed (or maybe Jack noticed) that as the pinch rollers were lowered there was a piece of metal (behind the side panel) that moved.  After further inspection of this moving piece it seemed to be hitting a piece of plastic that prevented it from moving further forward.  As I jiggled that piece of metal, sure enough it was loose.  There was a screw adjustment for it so I tightend  the screw and retried.  That piece of metal not went passed the plastic piece right IN BETWEEN THE TWO SENSORS LOOKING FOR IT!!  BOOM!

It turned out to be a simple lose screw!  The 60" beast is back up and running.

Maybe now is a good time to dump it on Jaybird....

Thanks Skeeter for the link to get me started in the right direction.

Is it advisable to take Jake with me to work to help with the really hard troubleshooting problems I run across?  haha

Not sure where it would fit. I'm doing a mockup now to see if I can get everything operational in a 16x16 space. Going to have to be creative.

• Like 1

Not sure where it would fit. I'm doing a mockup now to see if I can get everything operational in a 16x16 space. Going to have to be creative.

wall storage and under table storage you do have to be creative

6600 square ft down to 256 square ft is like going back to working the flea markets.

• Like 1

6600 square ft down to 256 square ft is like going back to working the flea markets.

Can you even fit a 4 color screen press in that small of a space.  

I can screen in a 10x10. It's cramped but I have done it before.