redemption77

New To Graphtec CE5000-60. Vinyl Orientation Problem

Hi, I am very new to The Graphtec CE5000-60 Cutter. I was previously using a Silhouette Cameo. This machine was given to me already set up, but a some how the last time I booted up the Cutter and Graphtec Studio, All my cutting settings are messed up. When I load the vinyl , which is 12" wide by 24" long, it would orientate the right way but now, it isn't feeding the vinyl right and starts my cut not in the corner, but in the middle of the sheet. oh, and the image I am cutting will be upside down from how I designed it. I did read the manual, but frankly, I just don't understand it and really need to know how to realign the orientation of the cut. Any help or links to step by step setup would be greatly appreciated!!

It'll be important to know what software you're using. Some people use the Graphtec software, but I've been using mine with SCALP exclusively.

If you're on SCALP, here's a few things to look at...

Under the CUTTER menu , go to Cutter settings after you've added the cutter in the software. For language, I'm using GPGL, and step size is 1016. For some reason, my step size defaulted to 508, so everything was cutting at half it's normal size. 

Also under the CUTTER menu, you'll find the mat orientation and size settings. My mat is oriented to Horizontal (landscape) which you can double check by looking for a black arrow along the edge of the cutting mat in the software. (It's either on the left edge, pointing left for horizontal, or along the top edge pointing up, for vertical. I have a custom mat size of 24"x48" which I use most often and a longer mat (24"x 72") for the rare larger projects. With the arrow pointing left and the mat size 24 wide and 48 long, My decals cut the way I want them to for working with on the table. 

Also double check settings once you click the cut button; I have wsywig selected, with the other option being origin point. Hope any of that helps. Telling us what software you use will get you a lot better feedback...

And you do have to push the ORIGIN button on your cutter before you send the design. In case you are not doing that.

• Like 1

You move your cutter head to the right hand corner of your vinyl and push your ORIGIN button.  That is where your vinyl cutter measures from. From that point.

When you start your machine look at the screen and make sure you are on roll 1 setting?  The other you can try a factory reset 

turn power off, hold down the "up" arrow button (^) and turn the power on while holding the button.  NOVRAM will begin and just follow the queues.

You cannot move the cutter head past your pinch rollers, unless you disable the media sensor. and pinch rollers,,  So stay just to the left of the pinch rollers.  We leave ours turned off. Disabled. So we can cut close to the edge of the vinyl.

Ok, tried that with the same result. Will have to reset it again a try from there. Will check back in. Thanks for all the help!

Can't you contact the person who gave you the vinyl cutter?   Ask for some lessons on it.