Hello all, 

I have recently purchase the 25" USCutter SC. I have plugged it up to my PC through the USB connection and it will not seem to detect it. I've tried downloading the drivers and everything. It runs through the test fine, drawing the box with the diamond. However when I try to get it send to the cutter through Vinylmaster v4.0 it wont seem to find it. I'm also using win 10.

Make sure your USB cable is working, try swapping it with a new one. Also try a different USB port on your computer windows can be funny like that. 

If you have read on here, Windows 10 has killed many of the value cutters..People upgraded to Windows 10 and went dead.  Try it on a lower Windows computer.

• Like 1

never installed a sc but most value cutters also need the software downloaded for the usb chipset - should be in the download area for the sc

Can I get a link to the download area? I can't seem to navigate to it on the website.

Hopefully this works. I've tried multiple usb drives. I built the comp so I know the drives work.

By the way, the CDM (usb chipset driver) is the same file no matter what WIndows version operating system you are using.

Still nothing... *facepalm* Not sure what to do at this point. I've got a really nice paperweight.

Try it on a lower Windows computer.  You don't need a powerful fancy computer to run a vinyl cutter.  I am still back on XP  with my Graphtec.  Been running like that since late 2006.

I have picked up cheap( Like less than $100 free ship) on xp and Windows 7  Laptops.   Big auction site.  Many people who upgraded to Windows 10 had to do the rollback to get their value cutters working again.

I have an SC and it works fine with Windows 10 but I am using Sure Cuts A Lot. I agree with Slice&Dice try another software program if that doesn't help call USCutter in the morning.

It might be the program. I am using the direct usb port selection. Vinylmaster is just the one that they gave me with the package. Unless its free I might have to wait until payday for the other Scal.

I think the problem might be in the com settings. I see the 1-4 com options. However it seems the mine start at 9 and go all the way up. I've downloaded the drivers and restarted the program, however I still cant see more than 4. I know my PC is recognizing it, because its in my port menu in device manager.

So what software are you now using?  Glad they ship defective software with new cutters....This is 2016 and the software should work!  You should have to go back to Windows 7 in order to get the dang thing to work.

• Confused 1

So what software are you now using?  Glad they ship defective software with new cutters....This is 2016 and the software should work!  You should have to go back to Windows 7 in order to get the dang thing to work.

Actually where he was stating, all the port numbers are higher than 9...All he had to do was reassign it a new com port number between 1-4, then match it in his Vinyl Cut software set up...Easy fix. Common mistake..  They must match to work.. Device manager com port number as well as software com port number. 

36 minutes ago, Dabear13 said:

how do you reassign new com port number 

did you install the usb drivers for whatever cutter you have? or are you using serial??   more info needed so people can help

I had the same issue upon initial setup. I'm currently running Windows 10 and no matter what I did, it seemed that Vinylmaster Cut v4 wouldn't detect my SC Cutter via USB. I had the Connection Method set to Direct USB Port and chose Detect countless times in the Settings section below. It wasn't until I switched the Port Type from USB to Direct COM Port that I was able to get it to work. From there, I chose Detect (or Auto Detect), allowed it to run through its tests and the machine finally came to life. It seems counter-intuitive that you would need to choose any option other than USB when using a USB interface, but here we are lol.

Current Setup:
Windows 10
USB
Vinylmaster Cut v4.0
USCutter SC Series

4 hours ago, TheTonyAnderson said:

I had the same issue upon initial setup. I'm currently running Windows 10 and no matter what I did, it seemed that Vinylmaster Cut v4 wouldn't detect my SC Cutter via USB. I had the Connection Method set to Direct USB Port and chose Detect countless times in the Settings section below. It wasn't until I switched the Port Type from USB to Direct COM Port that I was able to get it to work. From there, I chose Detect (or Auto Detect), allowed it to run through its tests and the machine finally came to life. It seems counter-intuitive that you would need to choose any option other than USB when using a USB interface, but here we are lol.

Current Setup:
Windows 10
USB
Vinylmaster Cut v4.0
USCutter SC Series

that is because your sc has a usb emulator chip inside to convert it to serial for the mainboard - you have to move up to at least a titan to get a true direct usb . . . . hence the reason it finds that chipset and not the "SC"

• Like 1