Sign in to follow this  
DC Custom

Basketball Court Temporary Vinyl

I was approached by the High School basketball coach and was asked if I can do some temporary floor decals. It's the 100th year of school basketball and he wanted to put something on the floor stating that. It needs to be slip resistant. Has anyone done anything like this before and what did you use? Thanks!

Yeah...no... The cautious side of me says I wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole. Key words slip resistant... guess who takes the financial fall if they do.

I actually found a place that prints them for that reason. Wonder if I do get them done, I can have them sign a release...

I'd use 631 as it's used for wall surfaces.  Then I'd be very careful removing it with a heat gun keeping it moving non stop so you don't damage the floor finish.  I wouldn't worry so much as the slipping part as it's probably going to be done on the middle of the court and not much action happens there.  I'd be more worried about the finish coming up during the removal of the vinyl, especially if it's an old floor/finish.  

I did a couple for school in my area.  I made them sign a waiver and a release form and made sure that's what they wanted in a non-slip.