Threader

Warranty Issue with US CUTTER, RIDICULOUS. Way to lose a good customer.

12:58Live Chat: Thank you for contacting USCutter! We will be with you shortly.
12:58Ryan Harper: I have a 2 year warranty.
12:58Live Chat: We do have these available on our website.
12:59Live Chat: What is your order number?
12:59Ryan Harper: 406074
13:01Live Chat: The cord is not a warranty part.
13:02Ryan Harper: Why isn't the cord covered? Can you send me a link to the policy.
13:05Ryan Harper: Nothing on the product description says the cord isn't covered. under the warranty. It says I have a 2 year warranty for the product.
13:06Ryan Harper: The cord is part of the product. Something like this should stop working 4 months later.
13:06Ryan Harper: shouldn't*
13:09Live Chat: In our experience if after two weeks the power cord is working, then it is probably not working because of owner use.
13:10Live Chat: This universal power cord is designed to work with most PCs, monitors, scanners, printers, and other devices that use the 3-pin shroud power connector.
13:10Ryan Harper: Where is the warranty link?
13:10Live Chat: You can purchase this product at any local electronics store as well.
13:15Ryan Harper: Where is the warranty link?
13:18Ryan Harper: Warranty

Products with a warranty will have the warranty period listed on the product page. Any item without a warranty listed on the product page on USCutter.com does not have one. The warranty begins from the day the item is received and does not extend.

If you are having problems with a product contact USCutter Support at 1-425-902-1302. USCutter reserves the right to send replacement parts for any equipment being covered under warranty, instead of replacing the machine outright. USCutter will ship these parts via FedEx ground shipping with no cost to the customer as long as the shipment is within the United States. Full support will be given by USCutter representatives in the replacement of any parts sent.

If USCutter determines that the equipment is not able to be repaired, then an RMA number will be assigned and the customer authorized to return the equipment for replacement. Any equipment older than 30 days may be replaced with a certified refurbished unit at our discretion.
13:18Ryan Harper: It says nothing about power cords not being covered.
13:18Ryan Harper: Ive spent over $2500 with you guys, and your going to hassle me over a power cord that isnt functioning correctly?
13:19Live Chat: Any equipment older than 30 days may be replaced with a certified refurbished unit at our discretion
13:19Ryan Harper: So send out a certified refurbished cord.
13:20Live Chat: Unfortunately I am not able to as I checked with our Returns Department.
13:21Ryan Harper: Check with your warranty department, Im not returning anything. I have a defective product.
13:22Live Chat: They also handle the Warranty Department.
13:22Ryan Harper: I have a 2 year warranty on the product, and nowhere does it say power cords are not included. Do you understand that?
13:23Ryan Harper: What is the point of a warranty, if your not going to fix a defective product.

It does seem like a trivial thing for them to argue over. They should have walked you through trying a power cord from another device that you own that would fit the cutter. If that didn't work, then it would have only cost them a couple of dollars to ship you a new one.

Have you tried another power cord? Maybe even a different outlet?

Heck I have several laying around here I've collected over the years. You are welcome to one if it'll make you happy. 

A 'defective' power cord? Guess anything's possible? Have ya OHM'd it?

I actually had a new cutter come with a bad cord - I had a spare laying around so it wasn't that bad of a problem but it does happen but i would think not so much after 4 months - the proper authorities have been alerted so i am guessing a resolution is forthcoming 

I wouldn't even bother them calling about a cord because it's go pick up Corey at any electronic store for frys electronic Best Buy or hardware store.

Plugging and unplugging all the time, when you want to cut.  Broken wires or plug. Not set up permanent.

Animals chewing on it.

Tripping over it, broken wires.

Running the vacuum cleaner over it. 

Child playing with it.

• Like 1

Breaking the cord, and the cord going 'bad', are two different things.

I did not say cord above,, I said wire,,which is inside cord. ..he just says it stopped working.....do you deal with online buyers?   I have buyers blame me and the product, because they don't know how to install decals..  It couldn't be their fault, right?   :rolleyes:  I even had a buyer not long ago, try to get me to open a USPS insurance fraud case for him, when it was his fault...He didn't want to sign his name to that case,  He wanted me to.  I refused and contacted Ebay.

We haven't tested the cable or even seen it.  He has not stated whether the cable was tested with a meter or not.   I have had a USB cable keep stopping on me after using it for months, and it didn't appear to be damaged either,,  But  installed a new one and it worked fine...so must be broken wires.  I had my cutter stop on me in the middle of a big job, my Graphtec doesn't just stop.  I moved the USB cable and got it going again, and held that cable until the job was done..  Then threw that wire away...Put a new one on and just fine..No more problems...

"The cord is part of the product. Something like this should stop working 4 months later.

13:06Ryan Harper: shouldn't*"

He does not state when it stopped working...not enough answers there.  Was the machine running and it stopped working?  Did it never turn on, so it stopped working?   He never stated.
  • Like 1

What leads you to believe the power cord is bad? 

I'm still wondering how one can go bad..... either it has a broken wire or it just fell apart both unlikely these things are usually built like a tank..  :wacko:

• Like 1