davecantarero

Feed wheels leaving imprint on vinyl, another Topic. HELP

Hey Everyone,

I recently purchased a 34" MH Vinyl cutter and I am having imprint lines on my vinyl from the feed wheels. I have read other posts but none to seem to help fix the problem.

These are a few things I have tried:

I have loosened up the spring wheels on the feed wheels and the imprints almost tend to go away but then i have slippage on my design and it does not cut right and ruins the design.

I loosened up springs and used a lower cutting speed and still nothing, still get slippage.

Some others said on other topics when you peel the vinyl and stick it to something the feed lines will disappear, well that is definitely not the case because once applied they are still on the vinyl. 

My only 2 conclusions are:

This is happening because its a "cheaper vinyl".... I am using the vinyl it came with on the starter pack. 

Are there different feed roller wheels I could use that are not textured? Maybe its those?

I had a Vinyl cutter back in the day from Sign Warehouse and i never experienced this issue at all. 

Sorry for the post but I am just frustrated and I have people already wanting a few decals and I cannot give them decals with textured feed lines on them. 

Hey Everyone,

I recently purchased a 34" MH Vinyl cutter and I am having imprint lines on my vinyl from the feed wheels. I have read other posts but none to seem to help fix the problem.

These are a few things I have tried:

I have loosened up the spring wheels on the feed wheels and the imprints almost tend to go away but then i have slippage on my design and it does not cut right and ruins the design.   this just causes problems

I loosened up springs and used a lower cutting speed and still nothing, still get slippage.   again shouldn't have messed with the pressure and betting now you are also using too much blade exposure

Some others said on other topics when you peel the vinyl and stick it to something the feed lines will disappear, well that is definitely not the case because once applied they are still on the vinyl.   :huh:??

My only 2 conclusions are:

This is happening because its a "cheaper vinyl".... I am using the vinyl it came with on the starter pack.   doubt it

Are there different feed roller wheels I could use that are not textured? Maybe its those?

I had a Vinyl cutter back in the day from Sign Warehouse and i never experienced this issue at all. never seen one that didn't leave them when it is run thru even the 2 qe series I had from SW -- granted the QE series like the graphtec uses a much lighter knurl on the rollers that leave a lighter mark but also cost considerably more than a mh

Sorry for the post but I am just frustrated and I have people already wanting a few decals and I cannot give them decals with textured feed lines on them.   don't be frustrated = look at the decal you applied today in the light tomorrow bet the marks are gone

Strange they have gone away when applied using all the cutters I have had like a p-cut, MH, copam, several rolands and several graphtecs and a titan - must be it is different in florida

• Like 1

They go away when applied like Dakota said but messing with those tension springs is far more likely to bite you in the butt with tracking issues and strange cuts due to slippage.

• Like 2

What size of vinyl are you cutting? I never owned an MH and assume since it's a 34" that it has at least one middle pinch roller? Is that the one giving you the problem? If you are just cutting 24" vinyl try running just two and keep you cuts inside the rollers. The MH cutters are known to track awful but I don't know that having the middle roller out of the way will make that any worse. I started with a P-Cut and it had several rollers and I rarely used any in the inside unless I was running something wide like 30". 

You are going to loose about a half inch to a full inch along each side of the edges that will have roller tracks by staying inside the wheels but that's actually the norm with higher end cutters. You can override the function and cut beyond them on my cutter but it's a special thing to do it.