JLS Design

Clear Coat Over Vinyl

Has anyone ever tried spraying clear coat over vinyl lettering?  The wife did a little project with our grand daughter for her Mom's Christmas gift.  I'm thinking I should be able to spray clear coat over the vinyl to make sure it does not separate off of it's wooden surface.  The wood has been prepped properly, and she applied the vinyl wording.  Just want to put a coat or 2 of the clear coat to ensure they stay in place permanently.

Thoughts, suggestions??

Thank you in advance for the assistance.

Done this quite a few times. Normally when it is something simple on a car, usually what we have done. Also have applied the sticker and then painted a car so it is "popped" out of the paint. Enough layers as well and sometimes can be as if it isnt a sticker (smooth surface.)

I have done clear powder coat over 651. Worked great.

Thinking as long as it is not solvent based clear, it should work

I use Krylon "Kamar Varnish" on top of some of my crafts. I find that sharp corners on 651 get eaten a bit by regular Krylon clear coat.

It actually worked quit well.  No issues I seen with the corners peeling or pulling up at all either. 

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bikemike" data-cid="409606" data-time="1449954838"><p>I have done clear powder coat over 651. Worked great.<br />

Thinking as long as it is not solvent based clear, it should work</p></blockquote>

<br />

So you have applied powder coat over vinyl then baked with a good outcome? I wouldn't think vinyl would hold up to that....