Acme Vinyl

Enclosed Trailer Pricing!

Just finished up this job for a friend of mine that has a general contracting business in my area. I have done multiple vehicles for him in the past dumps, pickups, etc. He just bought a new enclosed trailer and design consisted of (2) Side Logos were 5' 6" wide X 4' Tall, (2) Rear Logos were 18" X 26", along with (3) 2.5" X 10" Registration Numbers. I designed, cut and installed. Not a hard design or install at all, but did have some hardware to deal with on the sides. I just do this work as a side job, and was curious to hear from anyone that does this kind of work for a living would charge for something of this size and caliber. Thanks in advance!

post-85159-0-31123100-1449157081_thumb.jpost-85159-0-37389000-1449157088_thumb.jpost-85159-0-43955700-1449157106_thumb.j

• Like 4

I ended up charging him $450.00 using Oracal 651 calendered vinyl and hoping I should get more work from him in the future.  Thank you for the experienced responses, I just wanted to make sure I was in the ballpark with the pricing. Thanks again!!!!

• Like 1

Keep eye on that 651. Aluminum expands and contracts a LOT more than you would think and it may cause premature cracking in the vinyl. I always use at least 751 on any vehicle or trailer panel. 

• Like 1

Really appreciate the heads up on the 651! I will def keep an eye on it. Thanks again.

It may hold up, 651 is pretty amazing stuff for calendared vinyl. Trailers like that set in the sun a lot and do some major growing then shrink back down real fast at night. Super hard on any vinyl. 

• Like 1

I'd be around $625 with artwork included. 651 will work fine, I've used it and the Avery version which is their 700 series for 10 years and have no issues.

It's a debatable topic and is always going to be with cast vs cal.

• Like 2

I'd be around $625 with artwork included. 651 will work fine, I've used it and the Avery version which is their 700 series for 10 years and have no issues.

It's a debatable topic and is always going to be with cast vs cal.

I have done several vehicles for him in the past so I had the artwork prepped prior. From my experience I agree with you on the 651. I know that problems are possible but I have used in on several applications like this exact one and have had no issues this far. Thank you for your input!