Sign in to follow this  
busterbay

Tip - Cutting Strip

I guess take this for what it's worth, but I thought I would share something I do.

To extend the life of my teflon cutting strip I place a 1 inch strip of clear 631 vinyl ( color would work fine ) over top of my strip, once it starts to wear I simply replace it. This is not a replacement for cutting mat just a little added insurance for everyday use.

BB

• Like 4

Good tip but you shoudnt be cutting into your cutting strip ever so no need to protect it. 

What type of cutting are you doing where you cut through the backing paper? 

Good tip but you shoudnt be cutting into your cutting strip ever so no need to protect it. 

What type of cutting are you doing where you cut through the backing paper? 

I never said I cut on my strip, however occasionally things do happen beyond one's control. Thanks for your concern. 

I never cut my strip but gremlins tend to sneak up at night and put the occasional cut mark on it. Life happens.

• Like 3

anyone else ever doing multiples of the same thing and forward to cut a set off and forget to reset the origin and then walk away to weed the first set?   yup that will add a couple of unplanned cuts to the strip . . . not saying I did or didn't and not sure if it is true or not but that is what someone said I heard

• Like 3

anyone else ever doing multiples of the same thing and forward to cut a set off and forget to reset the origin and then walk away to weed the first set?   yup that will add a couple of unplanned cuts to the strip . . . not saying I did or didn't and not sure if it is true or not but that is what someone said I heard

I disregarded the most simplest directive today... :blink: . I didn't pre unroll before cutting... 99% of the time it works out fine however today I cut several yards of jiberish... so yeah it can happen or so I have been shown.... 

• Like 2

You can also replace a bad strip with cut down magnet held by shipping tape. Done it for years in a pinch and works great!

Another thing that works really well is apply low friction tape over the entire cutting strip. It is really robust and its inherent low friction does not adny more load on the blade or rollers.