sburnett

Very new to SC Cutter, major issues

I run a very small local vinyl shop with a friend, we have been using 2 Silhouettes and until we started getting 1k plus orders it was working just fine.  So my husband bought me a SC last month. I have finally had a moment to set down and get it up and running.... Herein lies the issues.  All the cuts are horrible.

Im running on a MacBook Pro

SureCutsAlot Pro 4 software

USB cable hook up

speed slowed down to 200

pressure 63g

We are doing our first show next month and Id really like to be able to take product with me but at this rate, Im wasting more vinyl and time and really on the verge of just returning this machine.

Any idea where to start?  This machine didn't even come with so much a set up manual, nothing.... I had to call to finally figure out there was a website I was supposed to be directed to.  My partner bought one as well and she is on the verge of just returning her's without even opening it.

Here is one image I cut today and as you can tell the cut is horrible.  Can some one please tell me what Im doing wrong?

post-96575-0-95014900-1449086140_thumb.p

I have ran an Sc model machine for over a year now. I cut everything at 27 g of pressure 200 speed. I have my offset set at .30mm.

And there is a way to correctly set the blade and it has been posted on here numerous times. 

I also use 60 degree blades for everything and currently use Signblazer for cutting. 

This appears to be a hardware issue.

Might be a loose blade holder that's not held properly within the cutting head bracket.

(Look at it closely while it's cutting, see if there's wobble)

Loose blade holder, incorrect blade offset setting in software- you should just see the tip - only enough to go thru vinyl only.

try slower speed also- the edges that are pulled up are probably from too much blade exposed.

Is the carriage (the part that goes side to side) lock into the track properly?

• Like 1

I used Joker's setting, also adjusted my blade depth... you guys are amazing.  Its cutting perfectly now. Ive just gone from sitting here staring at it crying like a baby to giddy like a school girl!

• Like 1

Have you checked the file and make sure it's not a quality issue? If you traced it, the text will look like that. Everything else in the image loos good, why would the text do that?

Glad it is working now. Now sometimes on my machine the speed will jump to 800 or go down to 100 so just keep an eye out on that. Also about every 2-3 cuts depending on sizes turn your machine off and back on to dump the memory. there is not alot of memory on this value cutter..

• Like 1