BugSTI

How do i make my file like this??

So i made this decal of my buddies face the other day and i really liked how it came out, so going back to make my second i cant seem to make my file transparent or "floaty" like with no background like i did the first one. I dont know what step i am missing that i accomplished the first time, maybe i just got lucky ha.Very frustrating and hopefully one of you guys or girls can help me out.

i have tried exporting it as PNG. SVG just makes my picture all messed up, and jpeg doesn't seem to do anything either. 

my successful file tho was indeed a PNG

so ill provide a picture, the one on the left is what i want, and the one on the right is what i want to convert.

Someone please help :(

post-96565-0-25317200-1449019761_thumb.j

Sorry im no help on this ,if i knew or find something i will let you know for sure,but i am curious what steps you used to get this to where you are? I cant seem to find anything,Im sure someone will jump in on this to help you soon.

When you export as a PNG you will want to choose "transparent" as the background color.

• Like 1

When you export as a PNG you will want to choose "transparent" as the background color.

I tried this, and this is what i got 

post-96565-0-78991800-1449022949_thumb.j

Part of the problem is your are creating in a raster program or starting with a raster graphic and want a vector output.  It doesn't matter about the transparency, because you are going to at some point have to auto-trace, manually trace, or recreate the design from scratch in a vector program.  I see you are using Illustrator.  The good news is it's auto-trace should handle something like that easily.  I am not sure if Illustrator has an option to remove the background when doing a trace, but if it does, select that.  After the trace just delete the white, (might need to ungroup first.)

Part of the problem is your are creating in a raster program or starting with a raster graphic and want a vector output.  It doesn't matter about the transparency, because you are going to at some point have to auto-trace, manually trace, or recreate the design from scratch in a vector program.  I see you are using Illustrator.  The good news is it's auto-trace should handle something like that easily.  I am not sure if Illustrator has an option to remove the background when doing a trace, but if it does, select that.  After the trace just delete the white, (might need to ungroup first.)

David, 

The picture im working on (the one at the top to right) has already been traced. I can not believe i successfully did this last night but can not seem to do it again haha.

Select a piece of the white background and then go to... Select > Same > Fill Color    & then delete all of the white.

When you do your Live Trace in Illustrator, select >Tracing Options>Ignore White.

Save as a vector or, if a PNG (not an option with my Illustrator) "Transparent Background".

JPG's will not support Transparent Bkgrnds.

• Like 1