storm2313

How to cut from a saved PDF??

I want to adjust my workflow to incorporate designs converted to PDF for retouching in Paint Shop. Once I save the PDF, and retouch the images how do you perform the contour cut? Do I open the LTR file I created prior to saving to the PDF, and just cut it? It makes sense for it to be that way, but it's smarter/cheaper to ask, and be sure then then waste vinyl.

Thank you

Im not expert, but if you go to file there is an option for contour cut. Follow the wizard and see where it get you. For my other experience with other software, I think you need to print your design with registration marks so the laser in the cutter be able to see them and know where to cut around the design.

post-87958-0-67418100-1453874769_thumb.j

From the screenshot you have VinylMaster Cut... you can drag and drop the PDF file into the software and then load that into the Contour Cutting Wizard... there is a very comprehensive manual under the Help (menu) > Help Topics - use the keyword search to find topics.

Guest JamesInk

I just wanna ask. I encountered an error when printing a pdf. it says unregistered spot color. i tried to convert it to CMYK but the error still insist.

If you have the ability - convert it to a more cut friendly vector format - (i.e. eps, svg, ai, ...)

what color it is really doesn't matter, since you're the one to feed the cutter whatever vinyl you choose.

feel free to register for the forum, it's free and your posts wont wait to be approved by a moderator for posting

Haumana, i suspect this may be a case of when the poster said Print, he truly meant print. As to the question, sorry, can't help there, not a print guy.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.