barringtonr

Titan 3 Discussion ?

How about starting a Titan 3 Series Vinyl Cutter Discussion. Not too much discussion here about it. I find myself having to go to the titan 2 topics for information since the cutters are somewhat similiar. Just a thought.

OK, you've just started such a thing --  this is now the TITAN3 discussion, officially.

What's to discuss? USCUTTER filled a very obvious demand in the market for such a machine.

USCUTTER has always attempted to put Chinese-made high-end units into our hands --- the ZenCutters were a prime example.

These machines all operate pretty much the same as they were originally designed to in the late 1950's by Hewlett Packard.

So, we're using 1950's tech -- yep!!!

OK, you've just started such a thing --  this is now the TITAN3 discussion, officially.

What's to discuss? USCUTTER filled a very obvious demand in the market for such a machine.

USCUTTER has always attempted to put Chinese-made high-end units into our hands --- the ZenCutters were a prime example.

These machines all operate pretty much the same as they were originally designed to in the late 1950's by Hewlett Packard.

So, we're using 1950's tech -- yep!!!

Well I think he meant  that USCutter should include the Titan 3 cutters in the list in the sub section. currently it only has the Table Titan, Titan, and the Titan 2 in the list.

But isn't the TItan 3 the same as the Titan 2 except the Titan 3 has the ARMS feature for contour cutting?

post-4069-0-89983100-1449001883_thumb.jp

• Like 1

think it would have been easier to just have the servo titan section and one for the stepper titans - getting to be too many groups.    or better yet would have been to name the stepper titans another name and different color . .. .

• Like 1

that's exactly what I meant mb20music....

But if some of us have questions pertaining to the ARMS feature, we might be hesitate to ask in the Titan 2 sub section.

My boss just bought the shop a Titan 3 for Christmas. Woot! Still a noob with USCutters, and I'm having a few issues trying to get it setup and am hoping I can find some answers here.

The main issue is that the vinyl will either not feed at all (the advancement wheels spin but the vinyl doesn't move) or it will just move on the right side, while the left side remains frozen, crumpling up my vinyl. Yes I know where NOT to put the rollers. I've tried adjusting the tension on the springs (down to almost no tension and back up to full tension), but am still having the same issues.

My first thought is that the tension is too tight and is pinching the vinyl, which is why it won't move. So I slowly adjust the tension to zero, checking along the way. Nothing changes and the advancement wheel just free spins against the vinyl backing, which does not move. I've tried different vinyls, but nothing will feed through. Yes, I didn't forget to clamp the rollers down.

Am I missing something obvious? Anyone else have the same problem? I'm trying to rule out just being a Titan 3 Noob, but I'm guessing that I am the one at fault and not the machine... just from past experience lol.

EurekaGeo

my guess is the pressure rollers are not in the right spot - there are spots marked above the rail that show where the grit rollers are and the pressure rollers MUST be over the grit rollers to feed correctly - betting you are not over them on one side

• Like 1

just read where you said you know where to place the rollers so if that is not it I would call support tomorrow

Ok, noticed this section, and thought I would put an update on my Titan 3 ARMS situation.  I think I have figured out the proper setup in Flexi 12 for the plotter.  Turns out under the list of brands of machines, there is now a Titan category and when you select it lists only one machine.  Titan 3 ARMS.  So i selected that. printed some more logos and tried a contour cut.  It came up with a proper instructions to start the process, the laser now tries to locate the first registration mark, but when it scans for it left to right, the laser goes off the media and back on.  Which I believe causes the laser to not properly recognize the mark.  I have repositioned the marks to be inside the media margins by at least 1 inch and am reprinting them now.  Hopefully that will correct it.  My fingers are crossed. 

I also noticed the plotter has a sensitivity adjustment.  Any pointers on what it should be set to?

I have been using my Titan 3 for several months now with Flexi 12, primarily for contour cutting sticker and other vinyl graphics. For some reason, when contour cutting, the cut will start out great and by the time it gets to the last row of stickers to the left, the contour is completely off. It is very hit or miss though, sometimes with the same contour it will work just fine. It is not an alignment issue because I make sure it is dead on ever time. Not sure if there is a setting I am missing or something of that nature.

Also, as of last time I checked, I could not upgrade my Flexi to the newest release because the Titan 3 setup was removed. Does anyone know if this has been fixed as of yet? I like the cutter, just need it to perform consistently so I can reduce waste. Help would be great!!

So would like some help please. I have had the Titan 3 for couple months using vinyl-master software and worked great. I have recently ungraded printer to a mutoh vj628 and got Flexi 12 with it. I added it under titan /titan 3 Arms and it doesn't seem to be working correctly.  When I try to use it after printing it asks for manual alignment or bomb sight alignment. I have talked with Flexi SAI for last 2 days and they don't know whats going on. They have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it and cant figure out whats going on. Now I have found things on US cutter and google and I noticed something about ARMS server in vinyl-master? I don't have any Arms server selection on my vinyl-master software and it works fine through that.

Does any one have any suggestions or help please.

5 hours ago, socernut1 said:

So would like some help please. I have had the Titan 3 for couple months using vinyl-master software and worked great. I have recently ungraded printer to a mutoh vj628 and got Flexi 12 with it. I added it under titan /titan 3 Arms and it doesn't seem to be working correctly.  When I try to use it after printing it asks for manual alignment or bomb sight alignment. I have talked with Flexi SAI for last 2 days and they don't know whats going on. They have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it and cant figure out whats going on. Now I have found things on US cutter and google and I noticed something about ARMS server in vinyl-master? I don't have any Arms server selection on my vinyl-master software and it works fine through that.

Does any one have any suggestions or help please.

I found this.  Does this have anything to do with your problem?   Also, have your tried to use the SAGA brand driver instead of USCUTTER TITAN    Your cutter is a rebranded SAGA brand. 

TITAN 3 CONTOUR CUTTING TUTORIAL W/ FLEXISIGN

FORWARD: Flexisign has limitations on the max length you can actually have the cutter contour cut. This is due to the saga corporation not giving SAi the proper plotter codes for the model of cutter. The max length you can contour cut is around 29x29 inches. If the design is longer than that then it will try and make segmented registration marks that will not print correctly causing the contour cut job to fail. Please make customers aware of this fact.