Sign in to follow this  
KDM_Freak

Sunie

So I'm ready to purchase my heat press and really excited did my research pretty well (so I feel) but I still can't decide on a press. I'm not really willing to drop big bucks like I did when I started vinyl (even though I did make my money back, took a little bit) I saw a lot of make sure this and that and I believe this press has all I need and it looks like they give bonus items which is a nice little extra to get it started. I'm concerned that this one don't get hot enough at 500 degrees but I see it does have the knob for pressure .. Also is this site good I feel like us cutter would be the only trusted site out there for equipment.

http://sunie.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=29

Please all feedback is welcome & even post up some other presses you would recommend

Thanks again lady's & gents

-Mike

First question is what are you pressing at anywhere near 500 degrees? Firing ceramic?

• Like 1

I have one as a backup but still use a 40 year old + Hix machine, it is ok, although it needs some work done on it right now, I cant get it to close properly, just haven't had the time to look at it, and the thermostat had been acting up as well. But it did do a good job when we first got it. Would I buy another one? Probably not. Why would you need it to get to 500* for any way, if you don't mind me asking?

• Like 1

First question is what are you pressing at anywhere near 500 degrees? Firing ceramic?

I had saw in an article once you want a press to be able to hit 750 but now that you say that and I thought about it more your right that's really high temps for vinyl. I plan on just garments and maybe even tiles if I can get into sublimation down the road.

Highest temp things I have ever pressed was at 400 for sublimation, once had a press that needed the temp calibrated that hit 430 and turned about anything in it brown. If you find one that hits 750 Stacey would be interested in it to heat granite slabs to cook steak on

• Like 4

My first press was a SUNIE, I did alot of shirts and dye sub with mine, till I upgraded to an auto open from USCutter. Still have my Sunie for a back up

• Like 1

Highest temp things I have ever pressed was at 400 for sublimation, once had a press that needed the temp calibrated that hit 430 and turned about anything in it brown. If you find one that hits 750 Stacey would be interested in it to heat granite slabs to cook steak on

Lol so I'm deff staying away from that now Would you recommend the press I posted or should I go to us cutter and just order there's that has the easy weed with it for I believe $250. I want quality for a low price, I know that's hard to come by but hoping I can make it possible.

My first press was a SUNIE, I did alot of shirts and dye sub with mine, till I upgraded to an auto open from USCutter. Still have my Sunie for a back up

That's good to know .. So it's definitely a reliable machine over most other cheaper ones out there I hear negative opinions on.

The one you linked to is the press I used the first 2 years, worked great but that was before use started offering reasonable presses with over the center pressure adjustment. I would be interested to hear from someone that has one. The ones I hear the most complaints on over time is the multi use presses, think you are heading the right direction with a dedicated press

• Like 1

The one you linked to is the press I used the first 2 years, worked great but that was before use started offering reasonable presses with over the center pressure adjustment. I would be interested to hear from someone that has one. The ones I hear the most complaints on over time is the multi use presses, think you are heading the right direction with a dedicated press

The Sunie I posted is cheaper then us cutter .. I don't like how most of us cutters products in this case the presses have no reviews .. This is why I'm worrying so much about buying one because like I stated I wanted quality for a good price which I know is possible from what I read from all of you guys but I also know my luck and I will by one and it will not function like most others. Lol

How long have you had it? Any problems with it? This was one I looked into but the build of it to me don't look to sturdy but then again coming from someone who never owned or seen a press in person. Also auto-open give you problems I heard some don't allow you to manually open it in the middle of a press. I feel like that could be a problem if a mistake is made and you need to open it asap

How long have you had it? Any problems with it? This was one I looked into but the build of it to me don't look to sturdy but then again coming from someone who never owned or seen a press in person. Also auto-open give you problems I heard some don't allow you to manually open it in the middle of a press. I feel like that could be a problem if a mistake is made and you need to open it asap

Does not allow for open, I just flip the switch off if I need to get it open fast... Atleast 5months now and about 70+- shirts. Solid build. I have this, the Sunie and a small swing away Heat press nation. Like all three, the auto open is my new favorite tho. I'm just a small out of the house kinda shop and they have been a real $$ producer for me

• Like 2

I've been using the same Sunie you pictured for the past 4 years. I have pressed over 350 shirts with it. The only problems I had were the temperature was off a little and the springs that hold it open were week. I contacted Sunie and they sent me new springs and instructions to calibrate it(very easy) for free!!

• Like 1

so i just had to say THANK YOU too all that had giving me opinions and steered me in the proper direction. I decided to jump on the cyber monday train after getting an email from us cutter on the sale they were having and ended up with the clam shell 15x15 for $169. Plus i needed some other stuff so hey why not who don't like saving :) I didn't want to go crazy since i will now be started from the beginning again just like when i started cutting vinyl . but I'm sure it won't be hard to make my money back once i get it together properly :D Thanks again all hope to keep in touch !

• Like 1