Signs and Designs

Vinyl Master Versions

I have a copy of Vinyl Master XPT on the computer that I design in. I have a laptop I use connected to the cutter can I just buy a copy of Vinyl Master cut to install on the laptop. I would design upstairs on the design computer, then put the design on a stick and bring it downstairs to the laptop and cut out the designs. Is there any pros and cons to this?   Thanks

I don't have an answer for your question but a tip for file transfer. I have a NAS hooked up to my router makes life much easier for transferring files. 

Synology

or search amazon for diskstation . I have about $200 in mine, it's  been going strong for 5 years.

I have a copy of Vinyl Master XPT on the computer that I design in. I have a laptop I use connected to the cutter can I just buy a copy of Vinyl Master cut to install on the laptop. I would design upstairs on the design computer, then put the design on a stick and bring it downstairs to the laptop and cut out the designs. Is there any pros and cons to this?   Thanks

You should be able to, I do that same thing with flexi for my cutter computer that I intentionally do not have hooked to the network to keep it isolated from virus etc.

• Like 1

Guest skarekrow

You shouldn't need to buy anything additional as VinylMaster allows you to have it on more than one computer.

Install your same copy of Vm on your computer downstairs, de-activate it upstairs and activate it downstairs.

The activated copy will cut, the deactivated copy will not.

You shouldn't need to buy anything additional as VinylMaster allows you to have it on more than one computer.

Install your same copy of Vm on your computer downstairs, de-activate it upstairs and activate it downstairs.

The activated copy will cut, the deactivated copy will not.

Open Vm>Menu>Help>Help Topics>Installing & Activating VinylMaster. All of the info is in there.

You do not have to have the computer you are activating connected to the internet.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.