Sign in to follow this  
JLS Design

Online Vinyl Purchase

So I searched, and did not see a real thread on where to buy vinyl, other than US Cutter.  I know Sign Warehouse is a place people use, I was just curious what other suppliers are out there?  I've been searching the interwebz all morning long, and have came across several, but I'm very hesitant to try some of these other "discount" places.  

I'm searching Ebay and Amazon as well.

This is a UScutter forum, supported by UScutter.   Of course they want you to buy from them  There is not going to be a thread on here listing other vinyl suppliers, to purchase elsewhere.  Search online sign vinyl suppliers.  But best prices and shipping is USCUTTER.com

• Like 1

This is a UScutter forum, supported by UScutter   of course they want you to buy from them  There is not going to be a thread listing vinyl suppliers on here,, to purchase elsewhere   Search online Sign vinyl suppliers  But best prices and shipping is USCUTTER.com

Of course they do, and as they should.  But it doesn't hurt to ask where other people found vinyls right?  

Of course they do, and as they should.  But it doesn't hurt to ask where other people found vinyls right?  

You did not make a specific request for a vinyl type....There is all kinds of vinyl brands and types out there.  Different suppliers carry different brands..

More important than "HOW MUCH" is the QUALITY of the

vinyl you receive and use.  This isn't an item to skrimp on.

Some brands are known to hold up better and last longer than others.

Adhesive vinyl has about a 1 year "use by" date.

What brand and how old is that bargain stuff on the auction sites?

Will they replace it if there's a problem?

It's your business that will be affected by bad product.

You decide if it's worth it.

my2cents.png

Sue2 

• Like 4

You did not make a specific request for a vinyl type....There is all kinds of vinyl brands and types out there.  Different suppliers carry different brands..

I apologize about that.  Really all I'm looking for is other places members have found Avery or Oracal vinyls.  Since most if not all members here seem to think they are the best brands offered.  I am ordering a few common color rolls from US Cutter today.  The Green Star that came with my start up set is questionable to me.  Sorry if this topic is a bit vague.

More important than "HOW MUCH" is the QUALITY of the

vinyl you receive and use.  This isn't an item to skrimp on.

Some brands are known to hold up better and last longer than others.

Adhesive vinyl has about a 1 year "use by" date.

What brand and how old is that bargain stuff on the auction sites?

Will they replace it if there's a problem?

It's your business that will be affected by bad product.

You decide if it's worth it.

my2cents.png

Sue2 

Thank you Sue2, I'm learning this real quickly!  I'm glad to have today off from my other 2 jobs to research what I need to focus on to grow my hobby into more than that!  

Well consider where you live..and which vinyl suppliers are closest and how much shipping will be.  There are other things to think about. Search sign vinyl suppliers.  Search Avery suppliers  Oracal suppliers  It all depends on what you are buying.  Whether sheets or rolls,  small rolls? big rolls?  15" 24" 48" ?

• Like 1

Not even gonna mention the name of a huge national supplier, but will relate this story ---

A guy (Frank) gets going with a vinyl cutter, and then two, etc.

Soon, doing wraps.

He expands into wholesaling all the materials. Big time.

That guy today is a sales leader across the USA for vinyl and wraps.

OK, I should mention his name after all - - Frank Feller.

I buy online and pick up at a warehouse of his locally (accessible 17 minutes away -- as the crow flies).

• Like 1

uscutter is my go to for my stuff!  the price is good and fast shipping... where are you located? I personally get from 4 different places for different materials depending on vinyl, specialty,substrates or wrap supplies. 

uscutter is my go to for my stuff!  the price is good and fast shipping... where are you located? I personally get from 4 different places for different materials depending on vinyl, specialty,substrates or wrap supplies. 

Located here in N.E. Ohio.  I have a few friends who work for Avery, and they are looking to see if I can buy from the factory, and if not, who locally I can buy some of their products from.  I must say, my first time buying from USCutter was great overall.  The only thing I didn't get was a color sample book.  I'd like to have that when I start quoting larger jobs. 

Earlmich.com sells Avery....Close to Chicago.   You can request a color chart on their website.   I have done business with them since 2007.. Never a problem.  $150 Vinyl FREE ship. .I am 4-5 hours away.  I get next day, if I order in the morning.

• Like 1

Located here in N.E. Ohio.  I have a few friends who work for Avery, and they are looking to see if I can buy from the factory, and if not, who locally I can buy some of their products from.  I must say, my first time buying from USCutter was great overall.  The only thing I didn't get was a color sample book.  I'd like to have that when I start quoting larger jobs. 

There about HAS to be one or two local sign supply shops somewhere in your area. (unless you live in the sticks) Heck I live in the sticks and there are two here in Boise. I buy most of my vinyl online but for one-off smaller jobs using cast I sometimes just go pick it up locally so I don't have to buy a whole roll of cast in a color I may never use again. I buy all my substrate locally. 

There about HAS to be one or two local sign supply shops somewhere in your area. (unless you live in the sticks) Heck I live in the sticks and there are two here in Boise. I buy most of my vinyl online but for one-off smaller jobs using cast I sometimes just go pick it up locally so I don't have to buy a whole roll of cast in a color I may never use again. I buy all my substrate locally. 

I haven't really looked all that hard for local distribution.  Mostly because I work most days of the week, so I do not have time to travel.  Online will be the way I have to go for a short while.  Once I get busy enough to justify quitting my second job I'll look more closely for local distributors. 

No I live in the the sticks and I don't believe there is a supplier less that 30 minutes away but that being said Grimco delivers to me but honestly it usually gets here just as fast from uscutter.