jimmysleep

Graphtec CE6000-40, pause while changing cutting conditions?

Hello everybody, 

I'm using Grapthec Studio and I have two simple objects. A blue circle and a red line and I want to cut it with different cutting conditions. The blue circle with a perforation cut, and the red line with a normal cut. So far it's even working.

Now, while cutting the plotter changes the conditions from the blue to the red one and this takes around 5 seconds. Is it possible to skip or accelerate this pause? Because, when I do this cutting with matrix copies, let's say 10x10 circles and lines, I'm waiting arround 10 minutes for the plotter just to change the cutting conditions...

I'm running a CE6000-60 with SCALP 4, so I'm not a ton of help, but the only thought I have is if you're cutting that design in quantity, you might just want to take the time to edit the nodes on the blue circle so it cuts in normal conditions as a preforated line. That way, the entire design would cut without having to change conditions. I might have to take a look at Graphtec Studio... I work with someone else who designs most of my stuff, and they won't switch from anything but SCALP, and won't take the time to export designs as SVGs for me to use other software, so I'm kinda stuck anyway, but for my own work, it might be interesting to see some different software capabilities. I didn't even know you could cut a single svg with different designated conditions. 

It might be easier to edit the design in something like Inkscape or Illustrator, and then save as an svg to cut with your plotter software... 

Nice idea, but unfortunally not applicable for this job.

I need to declare it as perforated line, because of using the half-cut/die-cut perforation function. So that the vinyl layer is always full cutted and the carrier layer is just perforated. The red line should always be half cutted (just the vinyl layer). Like "Self-adhesive media, Perforation cut" in the following picture 

supports_perforation_cutting.jpg

btw. that's my circle/line setup:

cut-sample.png

Very cool stuff, and I appreciate the graphics. I didn't even know Graphtec had those kind of features . =) You're already using functions way over my head... what about cutting the Blue circle and red line as separate layers? Run the sheet through once to cut all the blue, then run it through again to perforate it...?

Jepp, this is the way I actually do it now. It's just uncomfortable to create all the object, because you have to create and align it all manually. The matrix copy function should make this much easier and faster. In addition to this I've not yet tried how accurate the vinyl feeding works. So I don't whether it create gaps between the perforated and the normal cut, if it cuts all the lines first and then the circles on a meter vinyl.

The point is, I still don't know why the cutter makes this unnecessary 5 seconds pause while switching the cutting conditions between the perforation and the normal cut and how to fix it or work around it using the matrix copy function.

So, has anyone else has experience with this function?