jskwarek

First multiple color job

I knocked out my first mulitple color job over the last few days. To say I lost my shirt in labor on this one is an understatment. Question for you seasoned vets. When you are overlaying multiple colors, what transfer paper are you using to lay one color over the other. The tape I'm using is too tacky and is a pain to get to release.

Do they make a paper that is used specifically for doing mulitple color overlay?

Jason

22646827873_34fdf2f342_z.jpg

Typically you don't layer the way you did. You can find lots of videos on Youtube but this video may help you learn the basic process. I recommend you mute the audio. Also when installing that decal you will get bubbles around the JC customs since it's stacked. It's best to layer onsite when possible.

I only mask the top most layer. Lay the top masked layer onto the middle then again lay that onto the bottom layer and trim. I prefer R-Tape. 

• Like 1

Thanks all!

KySign, I've seen that video before and was using that as my layer technique, only 180* backward. HA! "Don't drink and YouTube!" I've got another project I want to try, so I'll try this technique again, only correctly, this time.

Jason