Hello guys im new in this and i bought the mh721-mk2 to start practicing i own a custom bodyshop, i really got this machine to do my own business banners and stickers everything seem to work fine , but it cuts lines thru my letterings! is it something you can fix from the top console? from your computer?

also whats the weight u guys can recommend for the blade?

thanks any help will be apreciated

Ronald, Miami Fl

2 things come to mind - if scalp it has to be activated or it will cut lines thru your work - most likely scenario there

other option is memory static issue and then we get into grounding stand to cutter  and possibly going to a keyspan adapter if you are using usb as the usb chipset on these units are known to cause some issues - if you are using a straight serial cable to your computer with no adapter better yet   

my bet is on scalp not being activated yet

• Like 1

Need some suggestions. I am pretty new to vinyl cutting. I have an MH721-MK2 cutter plotter. I have a basic understanding of adjustments. 

Im cutting on oracal631 

New  45 degree blade - set to height less than half a credit card 

press = 160

speed = 210

tried adjusting off set and overcut. 

The cut does not always go thru on some sections of the cut shape. it doesn't seem to be a problem with the image on the software. for example, the dot on a lowercase "i" will get cut, but when trying to weed it, it will be very difficult. usually sticking to the excess vinyl in seemingly random spots. as if the blade didn't cut all the way through. Here is a picture of what i described. my guess is the blade needs to be dialed in more. 

I ordered some 60 degree blades just to see if the finer point will help with the details and small letterings. 

An tips on how to dial things in would help greatly! Thanks guys! 

post-97845-0-14764400-1457740741_thumb.j

You should just barely see and feel the blade out of the blade holder.  This is how to set your blade correctly. Start cutting slow until you learn your machine. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 2

that damn credit card thing just won't die will it?    must be a cricut thing or something

ill slow it down and see how it works. 

The credit card thing is not a thing? okay. lol I have tried taking the proper blade set up technique you suggested Mz Skeeter. I believe i set the balde properly. no cutting on the waxy back side, but cut the entire shape out no problem. 

• Like 1

Make sure your blade holder sits in the correct (rear) hole on the carriage.

And verify the cutting strip isn't gouged or damaged.

13353264928241132517804.jpeg

Make sure your blade holder sits in the correct (rear) hole on the carriage.

And verify the cutting strip isn't gouged or damaged.

Slice&dice - my cutter only has one hole in the carriage. The cutting strip was damaged but I removed it and flipper it over. That side seems to have no issues. Not sure if this is something i shouldn't do but it seems to fix a different problem. (Also, i ordered a new one so i have a backup in case flipping it over stopped working). 

After adjusting the blade depth I tested numerous speeds and presses. the average outcome were around 100mm/s and 190g for greenstar outdoor vinyl. Any feedback on if this is average would be helpful. 

As of now my problem is getting the cutter to complete its cuts. When I perform the Test function (star shape inside of a box) on My Mh721-mk2 it never finishes the bottom left corner of the box.There is quite a gap left that the blade isn't cutting. I thought this might mean an overcut adjustment but I haven't had any success. Any thoughts on how to solve this problem?

If your the one who damaged the cutting strip, cutting,  then you had better check your blade good. It is probably damaged also, maybe even the tip is broken off.  Put a new blade in and start over, if you haven't done so. 

If your the one who damaged the cutting strip, cutting,  then you had better check your blade good. It is probably damaged also, maybe even the tip is broken off.  Put a new blade in and start over, if you haven't done so. 

Blade has been all changed. hoping to get the 60 degree blades in the mail soon to try those out

Check that the carriage itself is not dislodged from the track. Make sure the wheels are sitting properly.

Check that the carriage itself is not dislodged from the track. Make sure the wheels are sitting properly.

carriage does not look dislodged. Wheels are sitting on the track properly. wrong blades were delivered to me so i have to sent them back and get the right ones. 

Your speed is very high for the 721, and high in general for anything with fine detail.

Before I had my Graphtecs, I'd run the 721 @ 80-100mm/s.

• Like 1

Does anyone else have trouble with their cutters "losing pressure" during the middle of a cut? the blade wont stay flush with the carriage and keeps popping up. Then half way through a big project it doesnt cut all the way through, it barely scratches the surface.

20161123_151046.jpg

20161123_151124.jpg

Yep, that's not too uncommon, and you have to be careful not to overtighten the knurled set screw, or else it could crack the plastic arm (been there, done that, had to buy the replacement from USCUTTER - $9.99 carriage arm part).

My best solution was to simply wrap a bit of masking tape around the barrel of the blade holder, and that extra friction will stop it from dislodging upwards in the retainer arm as you've shown.

• Like 3