Sign in to follow this  
ClickDraw

FlexiSign Pro cloud lic. - really need some help

Hi there,

New to this forum but hoping to get some help. I have bought an older Gerber Edge and GS15 Gerber vinyl cutter from a friend that owns a sign shop. He ran different software so I can't get help from him unfortunately. I'm not sure where the problem stems from....the software or hardware. When I send a file off the the cutter, the production manager takes longer than it should to process and send to the cutter. That is when it actually works. When it DOES work, the progress bar for the cutting of the job rarely goes to 100%, even if the entire job cuts. Most of the time, it just freezes and does nothing, forcing me to abort the job. I could really use some help here. Not sure if its the drivers of the USB to serial adapter for the cord to the machine or something in the software settings. 

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

You state your using a USB to serial adapter.. If it's not a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter or a Belkin, it probably will not work.  These are the brands that will work with a vinyl cutter.  You cannot use Radio Shack, Best Buy etc.  They just won't work.

Prices vary,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-Serial-Adapter-Type-A-Male-DB-9-Male-USA19HS-Tripplite-/111647589631?hash=item19feb704ff:g:ktcAAOSwpDdVLsJO

Also what computer operating system are you using this on.?   Many problems with Windows 10. 

Thanks so much for your quick reply. The adapter is a Dynex (Future Shop brand). The two you mentioned are specific to vinyl cutters? OS is Win 7. 

These 2 brands are what is highly recommended to be used with vinyl cutters.. Mentioned tons of times on this forum..  Tripplite is the only brand that UScutter will sell.

Can you use a serial card in your computer to the cutter,?

Your welcome

• Like 1

Thank you. Do you think a vinyl and equipment supplier in Vancouver would carry this? I suppose I could as long as I can install one. Not sure if my PC is too new for an older piece of hardware...

OK, I will check this out. Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it. I'll let you know once I've got it working.

Cheers,

Jeff

Hope all works out for you...  your welcome 

• Like 1