Sign in to follow this  
mister c.

using the pen tool with signblazer

hello. i have the mh871 cutter that im using with signblazer. up till now all ive done is cut vinyl but id like to try using the pen tool that came with the cutter. how do i go about adjusting the settings in signblazer so i can use the pen tool on my cutter? any info would be appreciated ...thanks ;D

You do not need to adjust any of the settings in SB to use the pen holder. You might need to adjust the pressure on the cutter however.

hi mb20music....thanks for the info. you are right...i was able to use the pen tool just as i would the blade. i set the pressure to 70 and it worked just fine. found out there is no way for the cutter to draw a single line...it actually "draws" a line on the outer edges of any line in the design as if it were cutting...so you get a double line where you have just one line on the screen. thanks again for you help. :D

The cutter is a machine designed to follow nodes and paths ---  a "line" is not a one-dimensional thing. Lines have width, even if it's a very minor width.

Use the "Polyline" tool. Shift-click to draw a straight line, right-click and choose "finish". Anything you want to draw will need to be a single path like that. It can be simple or complicated, but a line it must be.

I've done a little drawing with Sign Blazer. I use freezer paper and draw on the non waxed side. Did a long banner once for my wife's Sunday school class to color in the letters. It's good for testing projects before cutting too.