deano1131

I am so confused.. any ideas ? cuts are off

i could do with some help before i throw this thing up the wall.....

i have tried everything i can think of and find to try but it just don't make any difference 

when cutting some things, normally text it cuts fine then other basic simple things just look awful...

i have this design i did in photoshop.. exported and open in illustrator and live traced all trace lines and anchor points look fine but then i import in to sign cut and it still looks fine until i try and cut it then its just not fine...

cutter speed 400mm/s prs 56

post-96396-0-32152000-1448045751_thumb.p

this is the trace in illustrator looks clean and smooth

post-96396-0-83895300-1448047684_thumb.j

this is the cut i get you can see its not small cut thumb for scale

settings in sign cut

post-96396-0-65461700-1448048394_thumb.j

PLEASE HELP ME :(

THANKS DEAN

post-96396-0-32152000-1448045751_thumb.p

are you able to upload just the parts that are cutting wierd ? i would like to open it and see something and then do a test cut ..

I don't have an SC, I have a TC.  Looking at your paths, it looks like it should cut, but there are more nodes than necessary.  It could be cleaned up considerably pre cut.  It is a toss up as to if it is faster to clean it up or just recreate in Illustrator as vector to begin with.  A version with less nodes might cut cleaner.

Posting an eps on dropbox or something might help, as well as the original raster before you auto traced.  A cleaner trace should be possible.  I use Draw primarily and could try a trace there with the raster provided.  As the PPAR cuts fine, I am inclined to think it is the number of nodes that is the problem, causing the cutter grief.

i did try with less nodes and it was exactly the same i tried less first then more to see if it would work but it just cuts the same every time...

thanks for all the help from you guys..

I would also try exporting your file as and AI file version 8. That is Signcuts preferred format. Then open it up from within the signcut program and see if it does any better. I once had some conversion issues when the plug-in was trying to convert from my CS5 version. I would also maybe try the pen tool so you don't waste vinyl.  

If that doesn't narrow down where the issue is then try looking for the curve resolution as noted below (post by the SignCut tech support)

• Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 38 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 October 2015 - 03:52 AM

Hi,

The issue you have sounds as it has to do with the curve resolution setting in SignCut. If you click Cutter in the settings menu then you find an option called Curve resolution. We normally recommend to have it set to half since SignCut cut every single node when it is set to 100% so if there are a lot of them in the curves in your design then it takes longer time and the result can also be more stuttering. When setting the curve resolution lower SignCut removes nodes and makes the lines smoother. It should not effect the result of the design.

If you need more assistance then you are welcome to our support at support@signcutpro.com or visit our livechat at our website www.signcutpro.com.

Regards,

Therese

Whisqu Graphic AB
SignCut Sweden

therese@whisqu.se
www.signcutpro.com
For support got to:signcut.zendesk.com

I can speak from experience with regards to Therese's help. If you are having a SignCut issue she will help get you on track. 

thanks all for the help!, I'm not at home atm but i will try all the suggestions in the morning, Mz SKEETER i am on windows xp, just on mac from photoshop and illustrator, i have tried all baud rate settings, i have googled this problem for the last 2 month and i haven't seen the curve resolution idea anywhere so i am hoping it is that, and will let all know in the morning, thank you again for the help. 

Dean

Don't you have TC631 under the Signcut set-up.?   Or even try under UScutter TC631.  They are different cutters.  They used to sell the TC here, but no longer..   You are showing SC631 as your set up. 

I was able to find the old setup for the TC cutter  to Signcut  XP windows.   And it does have baud rate 38400...

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Support_PDF/SoftwareSetup/TC/TC_Signcut_XP.pdf

hi people, so i got home and tried all the settings, download the new trail of signcut, set it to the us cutter and the correct braud rate etc....

now i am getting this....

its really stressing me out now hahah :(.....

post-96396-0-72401700-1448105613_thumb.j

Settings 

post-96396-0-92049300-1448105616_thumb.j

post-96396-0-04465300-1448105623_thumb.j

i really feel like karate chopping this machine in half......

post-96396-0-45882800-1448105620_thumb.j

For what it's worth if you have a USCutter machine try using the SCALP program that came with it - I export from Coreldraw and use SCALP to cut. It may solve your problem as I have never had an issue with it reproducing a design. 

If it's a non USCutter machine then disregard this message.

Just my two cents

it is a us cutter i believe, but i got it from the paper so it didn't come with software, and i know its not the cutter as they guy i got it from cut a gecko out perfectly to show it me working, he was cutting from signcut..

The TC setting that I showed you  on the XP set up had the baud rate at 38400,  you are at 9600 now..

It was step 13 on the XP set up.

i have spent about 8 hours trying to do this now, all the different drivers and all the different settings, curve resolution up down and middle, offset from 0 to 0.35, this is all i can get... if i cut at a larger scale it get a bit better but its just not good...

Small cut

post-96396-0-11923500-1448119834_thumb.j

Small cut

post-96396-0-29309100-1448119837_thumb.j

Large Cut

post-96396-0-16860500-1448119831_thumb.j

Large Cut

post-96396-0-99580200-1448119839_thumb.j

Don't have my TC set up presently but, best I recall, In SignCut, I used the "Lylu TC" driver and a Baud rate of 38400.

Didn't work right with th "US Cutter TC" driver.

OK Have you talked with SignCut tech support? If not then continuing to hash this out over and over is probably wasting your time and ours. If there is a setting in SignCut that isn't right or possibly a cable connection or something then they are going to have to work you through it from this point. I think you have exhausted our resources. (Mine for sure)

Looking at your cuts I am not so sure you don't have a cutter problem rather than a software problem. 

Do you have blade offset dialed in on the cutter also? Sometimes you can accidentally double up and have the software giving offset as well as the cutter.  If you have offset set within the cutter controls keypad that might be making trouble for you. 

Just thinking outside of the box...... 

When I got my first cutter an SC it cut horribly much like you are showing. I played with the settings for days then I noticed one of the wheels that moves the blade car back and forth had come off the track during shipping. You may want to take a look at that. 

post-64078-0-76628800-1448133811_thumb.j

I also just noticed your screen shot after the new trial download that you DO have curve resolution and it IS set at 100 rather than the 50% that Therese recommended. 

post-20133-0-92817100-1448134551_thumb.j