JPvinyl

631 vinyl

What's the best transfer tape to use when installing oracal 631 removable. I'm worried about paint being removed by the tape.

I 3rd that ht55. Also if your selling this decals leery them know fresh paint needs 3 days drying time before installing decal

Oh yeah. I know all about proper cure times, out gassing and such. I have done some installs with fresh paint, wrong paint, dirty paint, people claiming it was painted but only primed. Does everyone ship a squeegee with what they sell with them to install?

I 3rd that ht55. Also if your selling this decals leery them know fresh paint needs 3 days drying time before installing decal

I've always heard 2-3 weeks. That's what I've been telling people. Better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

Oh yeah. .......... Does everyone ship a squeegee with what they sell with them to install?

Not I said Busterbay - 

HT55 is a DREAM....I was using the wrong transfer tape for a dew installs and it was a nightmare....HT55 is where it's at.

Is this transfer tape a good all around tape to use?  Like can it be used for indoor and outdoor use?  I'm not a big fan of the transfer tape I received with my cutter start up kit. 

It seems like it is kind of a universal transfter tape as far as oracal is concerned.  If you look on Oracal's (Orafol's) website, they list recommended transfer materials for each type of vinyl they make.  HT55 makes the list for a lot of them.

I have used it some for regular work. I prefer R-Tape 4076 with RLA for general use but the HT55 will work. The only complaint I have with it for regular vinyl (like 651) is sometimes it won't lift the vinyl off the carrier completely. I believe it's due to being specifically designed for mat finished vinyl and also designed to be reasonably easy to get off the 631 once on the wall. None the less I used a large portion of my big 24" roll up on regular work so I didn't have a whole roll sitting there getting old. Just kept 1/4 of a roll for future 631 use.