Primal Decals

Anymore info on this from anyone???? Printing decals using this or similar Printer ???

Here is the Main link from this forum...  http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/6484-digital-printed-vinyl-graphics-using-home-desktop-printer/   .  This was copied fron his post which is a few years old and i am very curious and interested if this is possible >>>Im not looking for this same printer but of course a new one simialr that will duplicate this same thing under $ 2,000.00  and maybe a little wider format if possible ?   Hope someone has a little help on this since it died out on the other post.....

lol fire,

On this skull I used the Epson RX595.
rx595_216x144.jpg
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=63069457

It's very important you dont just try this with a typical desktop printer. Do your research.
I could not find a printer/brand that could meet all the specs to print to vinyl. If it's not UV issues it's something else. The inks are the most important part and the DPI of Epson printers are above any out there.

If you want to do images to perfection I suggest Epson after all my 3 months of research.
This printer is only $99 and has a slew of things that make it work perfectly for vinyl printing.
This printer can also accept a CIS and print 8.5" x 44"! full bleed (edge to edge)
Though with this printer you can't print 10 foot long bill boards, you can print images that far surpass any wide format vinyl printer on the market for quality DPI prints.

Though I had to have a printer NOW! to completed the job, I meant to (and still plan) get a 1400 or R1900 Epson printer.  If you can do this I highly suggest you do so for the 13" wide prints.

Eric

And This guy made this.......post-88251-0-63559900-1447868205_thumb.j

There are several posts on this topic. Unless the sticker is printed using solvent ink, it won't last long at all outside.

i see.....Hmmmm curious whats the starting price on a solvent printer. i dont need to print larger than 24" and even that might be over kill for me on size..I just responded to the other post as well you commented on... thnx

20" roland bn I think starts around $8500

dang. I have the money but i really dont want to spend that much.. is there anyway to get a smaller setup like he used that will produce the same if not better lasting outdor quality under a grand or am i talking out my not lucky A%$ lol... I just dont have people wanting a lot of large printed stuff around my area and its usually 6" up  18" wide max. It would be a waste to spend a load of money when there isnt anyone wanting that much. thats why i got curious on this epson printer. but i am willing to spend more than he did to get the better quality. I just spent $2500.00 on a custom laptop so i thought about doing print since you can get better looking results instead of just layering all the time with vinyl...

short answer is no - the epsons would have their insides melted with solvent - there was a guy in Canada "implying" he had solvent epsons - but when pressed they were just aqueous with a real high price for water based - he said you had to use the special media that is coated for water based and that is what fails - now we have a couple of member on here that do print on aqueous and sell it commercially - I just can't do it - the 3 real options are solvent, latex or thermo resin - all of which are going to be expensive.  the other option is to buy a used unit but pretty much anything under $4500 is going to not be up to par either and many of the ones above that price they print a busy pattern to disguise the poor print quality on fine detail.    cheapest way is to watch for used but chances of getting a good unit you do not have to soak money into is slim.     I know it sounds harsh but just shooting straight - I just sold a unit 2 days ago for $5k that was one of the best deals I have seen in quite a while (I researched to see where the market was)  now if you wait till January when tax money comes in the prices should go up around $1K on used units = from watching the past 6 years since i got my first printer

Thanks Dakotagrafx for the info .well for now i will wait. Like i said i have the money to spend on anything i want that is out there but just not ready to do it ..Thanks buddy.

It was a hard choice to even update . . . But you have to distinguish yourself from the run of the mill printer. My father has sold the best oil in the country for over 45 years and successfully test against any other brand . . . He thought about changing and selling a cheaper oil but couldn't bring himself to do it . . . . He has influenced me greatly in that respect

• Like 2