graphicjunkie

Better than SCPRO3?

I'm thinking about buying the VM Cut software for $60.  I have SCPRO3, and I've never really been a  fan. 

But I don't want to waste the money if it's a gutted version of the $400 software, but I'm also not ready to drop $400 for software either.

The videos for VM look awesome.  But I have a feeling that's the full product, not the "CUT" version.

Thoughts? 

Thanks!

What do you want to know?

I have no idea what is 'gutted' --- for $60 you get the ease-of-install and quick functionality after loading it with your brand of cutter (as listed).

You type in the text (text capabilities are adequate, but you won't have font management) and hit CUT.

It cuts.

What more are you expecting that this type of program is supposed to accomplish?

Ask away & let's see what I can reply to you.

What I mean by gutted is, I see all kinds of functionality in the demo videos.  I know that there should be more advanced functionality in the full blown version.  But what I don't want to find out after I purchase it, that it is absolutely basic in function, and no better than SCPRO3.

What do you mean by no font management?  It has an explicit load of fonts that are not expandable?  I can't install fonts to the system and have them take affect in the app?

In the videos, I saw image manipulation and all kinds of goodies.  Overall a great interface.

Thanks

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.