Sign in to follow this  
mpanek

Centering Cuts in Vinyl Master Cut

Hey, I just bought the USCutter laserPoint II and just installed my copy of Vinyl master cut. Before I cut on any vinyl material I wanted to make sure everything was working properly. I got my self a normal 8.5-11 piece of paper and loaded it in my cutter along with the pen attachment. I then went on my vinyl master cut software and setup my design to be cut (A simple Star Wars text x2). I made sure that the dimensions of the cut would fit the 11 inch width of my paper. I then confirmed my cut and the cutter was able to draw one of my designs within the paper but the other one was drawn off the paper and I had to stop the machine. I was wondering how I can confidently align my designs with the material that I am using.

Any help at all would be great!

post-96313-0-41825000-1447807396_thumb.j

post-96313-0-26521500-1447807397_thumb.j

post-96313-0-82894500-1447807568_thumb.j

post-96313-0-20130400-1447807569_thumb.j

That's smart to begin with paper and pen. Good job. Many people fail to go that route at the start and it's a better way to learn your machine. I don't use the software you are but I see looking at it that the design width is actually over 11 inches so you would be running off no matter what you do. Once you place your paper (or vinyl) you will move your cutting head to the spot you want to call zero (or the edge of the cut in both directions) Then you will zero out your machine. This is usually done on the machine and will give it a starting point of zero x and zero y axis to start cutting from. The other potential problem that you can get into is whether it will cut from there immediately into the design or whether WYSIWG (What You See Is What You Get) which will offset from the edge of your work space the same as you have it sitting on your computer. Most of us don't cut in WYSIWG but occasionally it works better like if you are cutting stencils and want some space around the edges of the design.  

Hopefully this helps. Most of the time I don't try and use the vinyl under the rollers. Some do some don't. 

• Like 1

You clicked ORIGIN first on your cutter, before you sent your design?  Origin would be the starting point, It might be called something else on your cutter.  And yes, the design has to be smaller than media width.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this