Sign in to follow this  
mpanek

Does anyone use the CuttingMaster 3 plugin for Adobe Illustrator?

I just bought the LaserPoint II vinyl cutter and was wondering about my cutting software choices. I know Illustrator very well and I have used the cutting master plugin at my school. Will this plugin connect with any type of vinyl cutter? I downloaded and installed it, but when I try using it no devices to cut show up. I installed the drivers via the setup web page but the device is still "unknown". I really don't want to use the Vinyl Master software that came with the cutter because I was hoping I could sell it online and get back a piece of my investment. If I have to use the Vinyl Master software to activate my cutter I will, but I don't think that is the case. 

- Sorry this is a bit of a two question post but I really want to get this thing started!

post-96313-0-50899000-1447740496_thumb.j

post-96313-0-21095700-1447740497_thumb.j

Cutting Master is only for a Graphtec vinyl cutter and runs on GP-GL command. (Graphtec Language)

Vinyl Master uses HP-GL Command.   as most value cutters do.

You also should read the end user agreement for Vinyl Master,, a lot of companies don't allow you to sell  their software.  as you don't own the software,,,You only have the right to USE it..and it it not transferable. You are not their distributor or have a contract as a reseller with them.

http://www.iifuture.com/shared/legal/en/eula.html

Also Star Wars is copyrighted,  I noticed you had that on your software.   Be careful of what you cut or sell...

• Like 1

Cutting Master is only for a Graphtec vinyl cutter and runs on GP-GL command. (Graphtec Language)

Vinyl Master uses HP-GL Command.   as most value cutters do.

You also should read the end user agreement for Vinyl Master,, a lot of companies don't allow you to sell  their software.  as you don't own the software,,,You only have the right to USE it..and it it not transferable. You are not their distributor or have a contract as a reseller with them.

http://www.iifuture.com/shared/legal/en/eula.html

Also Star Wars is copyrighted,  I noticed you had that on your software.   Be careful of what you cut or sell...

Oh, okay I see. Do you know of an Illustrator plugin that is compatible with the US Cutter LaserPoint II cutter that I bought? Or can vinyl master work with ai files? 

Thanks for the response!

Plug ins are to transfer the .ai file to a cutting software.  That cutting software is set up to your vinyl cutter....  Signcut uses .ai plug ins.  as it is only a cutting software..So does Sure Cuts A Lot.  (SCALP) software.  The cutting software it's self has to be compatible with your Laser Pointer.  Vinyl Master Cut is a design and cutting software. that will work with your Laser Pointer.

According to  Vinyl Master site  it imports exports these types of files

• AI, EPS, PDF & SVG import/export (inc. text, images, gradients etc

Your welcome.

most important piece of advice you gave....