DonPittman

You can get away with a lot of things. Not cheap vinyl.

Keep this in mind. You can get by with many things,but not cheap vinyl. I have never layed claim that I'm anything other than a idiot with a couple cutters.In fact it's more fun for me if I'm fixing them. So I have figured this out. I can get away with just about everything anyone says has to be done. No keyspan, cheap ass cutters, and the list goes on. You can't in anyway get buy with crappy vinyl!!!!!!!!!.

Do not (all new guy's) buy crap vinyl off Amazon or anywhere like that. It's trash. The stuff I got was given to me. It plug's your cutter, it waste's blades, and more important paitent's. Then you get Pissed and quit. Please Please listen to me. It's great to mess with these machines. Use good vinyl or you'll end up giving up. That's exactly how I got my old US Cutter back.

• Like 2

Cheap vinyl also shrinks a ton. learned the hard way, Made a 8x8 foot sign and it shrunk about 1/4 inch in a month and all but fell off. my clear was all that was keeping it on. and if i remember  it did make a mess of the blade.

MZ Skeeter; I have no Idea what kind of vinyl it is. The vinyl would roll up in little balls Like it were getting hot. There are no markings on the backing. Just blank. It was so thin when I layed it on something it was almost trasnparent. It is horrible.

That doesn't sound like sign vinyl..  And if it's that thin,, the blade would have to reset for it...too much blade exposed.  Then maybe it wouldn't curl up while cutting.   Cheap sign vinyl is usually thick., stiff. At least what I have seen..

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 1

I have adjusted my blades just fine. This is exactly what it is. The only vinyl that does it is this. I is with out question the vinyl. My little more 871 mk-2 I can cut stuff that is so small people say it won't cut. It's because I read made sure everything was the way it was supposed to be. Then I started from there. The belt, settings. And it does it on my Roland. So it's the vinyl. I mean absolutely no disrespect. But it's the vinyl.

I have adjusted my blades just fine. This is exactly what it is. The only vinyl that does it is this. I is with out question the vinyl. My little more 871 mk-2 I can cut stuff that is so small people say it won't cut. It's because I read made sure everything was the way it was supposed to be. Then I started from there. The belt, settings. And it does it on my Roland. So it's the vinyl. I mean absolutely no disrespect. But it's the vinyl.

Hard telling what it is,or how old it is..,if there is no name, and could be some stuff from China,   I never felt disrespected.. ;D