storm2313

VinylMaster Support Issues (US Cutter Moderators Please Read)

Please let me start by explaining this is a long post, but a valuable one for anyone interested in Vinyl Master. I ask for all to read it to the end closely, and review the pictures attached to prove my frustration I also had some interesting responses from forum members . I believe a company shines not when selling a product, but offering support when issues arise. We all know any company will take your money, but how many stand behind what they sell as if the money spent was there own after the sale?

The story begins on when I bought my Titan3 ARMS Table Titan 9/20/2015 through Ebay. These units all come with VM Cut 4.0 Titan Edition. as the bundled software. I set out as a rookie determined to learn the software. I watched the tutorials, practiced, and within two solid weeks of hands on use became VERY comfortable in its abilities, and my own. I then realized I wanted more options for text, and texture manipulation, so I thought the natural progression was to go to VM LTR. I then contacted US Cutter to purchase the upgrade from them. I received an Ebay response from them explaining they didn't offer it, but would carry Pro eventually. I included a snapshot of US Cutters response below as the first picture.

I then then chose to use Future Corps upgrade program to move on to VM LTR do to US Cutters response. I purchased it, and was excited about using it only to find they didn't have a driver for Titan3's Table Titan. I Then contacted Future Corp with a support ticket about this issue. They responded back to me explaining I would be designing in VM LTR, and cutting in TITAN EDITION CUT version. I thought an issue like this would be a simple driver swap, or import, but I already bought the software, and loved it, so I did as I was directed.

After producing some really beautiful graphics I strangely developed hit, and miss calibration problems with my ARMS offset. I contacted both Future Corp, and US Cutter, not knowing if It was software, or hardware related. I called US Cutters tech support line, and explained my issues. The team member instantly explained sounds like a "weird motherboard issue", so he sent me new one. I had it in two days without even having to pay the shipping. He even said If I didn't want that I could get a new machine or a refund! This showed me this was an honorable company which defined customer satisfaction. Thank You Us Cutter. Excellent Job. I replaced the motherboard, and the unit is performing flawless ever since.

I then received a response to my support request from Future Corp from a team member named Matt. He explained to me that "there was an VM LTR version designed for Titan models". He wanted to know if I was using it?  I explained I talked to US Cutter about my purchase, prior to making my decision, and they said they didn't offer it. I then explained I purchased from them directly, so in my mind logically I figured "no problem they realize I have the wrong version just send me the right version I should have originally received" His response was " If you contact US Cutter I'm sure they will have it for you". I then sent him a snapshot of US Cutters response reflecting they disagree with what he was saying. I then asked for a number to talk to him on the phone about a few other questions I had on the software.  Matts response was "I'll ask about this today, and hopefully have an answer for you tomorrow" . He never gave me the number to call him. Alright I'm reasonable he's a busy guy. He overlooked my request. Still nothing I haven't done myself when in a rush to get a response out. I'm sure we can get this worked out.

I was really enjoying the software, and was making a steady income from it, so I decided to purchase VM Pro through their upgrade program again. I did this for two reasons. The software is really user friendly with tons of 3D options for graphics, and the faith that they would make it right with the software especially since I'm purchasing it directly from them, and they have records for the sale. I then explained to him on 11/9/2015 I upgraded again to VM PRO, and Matts response was "Pro via US Cutter for Titan"? I once again believed they would send me the correct version being he asked if that was one I was using, and me telling him it wasn't what I received. Once again in my mind I thought. They have the purchase records which reflects I bought it directly from them. This will be handled quickly I'm sure.

I then asked about driver importing cause I bought the software, and like before have to go between two pieces of software to perform one task. It's time consuming, and most of all the limited feature list from CUT to PRO is HUGE meaning any revisions you make, your back, and forth. He told me a way to perform the import. I did, and once again the calibration became the issue. The Titan3 15" ARMS offset calibration was WAY off. I couldn't calibrate the machine. I explained to him the calibration from CUT to PRO is totally different. I explained I wasn't able to perform a calibration, and was losing huge amounts of time troubleshooting these issues.

I then received a response from him a 11/14/2015 explaining with a link "This is your best option" He then provided me a link to this sites listing for VM PRO TITAN EDITION.

Really?? It must be a sick twisted joke? If you have the records that I purchased the upgrade to VM PRO DAYS ago (11/6/2015 to be exact ) why not just send me the right version? This is really a sad display of support for this company. US Cutter hears from a customer having issues, and gets it handled the correct way in record time. I am yet to receive a link to the CORRECT version of the software for my Titan FROM THE MANUFACTURER OF THE SOFTWARE. It's almost to funny to post. I attached screen shots of the actual support ticket reflecting everything I wrote here with dates an times. The duration of this only started a few weeks ago, and is still going on today as the dates reflect on the support ticket pictures I attached.

I hope they make this right. I now own THREE different versions of this software, and honestly love it, but their support teams ethics from my experience need to be corrected. I will update this post till this issue is handled, and post the way it was handled. If anyone at US Cutter could help me with this I would greatly appreciate this.

Thank you to anyone reading this post till the end.

post-95051-0-85246000-1447518031_thumb.p

post-95051-0-47010100-1447518047_thumb.p

post-95051-0-84888400-1447518064_thumb.p

post-95051-0-60811800-1447518087_thumb.p

post-95051-0-96284400-1447518900_thumb.p

your vinyl cutter is a rebranded Saga brand and IS listed in the Vinyl Master software.set up.  Many different models.  I just down loaded the demo version of Vinyl Master.Pro. and SAGA IS there.... It has been stated on here many many times that it is a Saga brand that has been rebranded to Titan name series for UScutter to sell.

The driver is incorrect. Please refer to the pictures from this site for Vinyl Master Pro Titan Edition.

I circled my findings confirming what I've explained. The driver for the SAGA model doesn't work 

I hope Future Corp provides me the version that supports my machine considering I purchased VM PRO on 11/6/2015

post-95051-0-11651100-1447532561_thumb.p

post-95051-0-13080700-1447532569_thumb.p

which is why I referred to "I down loaded Vinyl Master, from Vinyl Master site".  and it has  ARMS  and  ARMS PLUS for those cutters. under Saga

listed is

720 1

720 11

720 11P ARMS

720  11P ARMS PLUS

7201P ARMS

strange findings - not familiar with VM- but the titan worked fine in flexi and my other programs using the sega drivers when I had it.  must be a vm thing then.  again I too was going on the part where I thought I read you bought the non titan version when you upgraded . . . .

Guys the model in SAGA is 420 model. Check out the picture attached. The devils in the details. The 720 is the larger 20 plus inch model. I tried the SAGA driver, but it didn't work.

I just can't believe they haven't given me the correct software being I paid for it.

post-95051-0-97067000-1447534723_thumb.p

so which drivers are in your version of Vinyl Master under Saga?    You can still use the 720 driver.. Is the ARMS PLUS drivers there. ?   Have you tried all of the 720 drivers listed in Vinyl Master?    Or even try the 1350 or 1750.?

The drivers don't work been there tried that. Read the yellow circle paragraph in the above listing for VM PRO titan edition for sale on this site. It states Titans require special drivers.

Must have been a change at my Titan 2 did not require Titan drivers and worked with the saga

No. That's the issue its missing. The solution to this is just to provide me the version I need. This is really not complicated. I'm hoping they do the right thing.

One hand isn't talking to the other. Future Corp needs to make available the different versions of the software that support ONLY certain systems.

The cutter works perfect. It's the fact I have to design in PRO software then use CUT to actually print, and cut the graphics. Cut version doesn't have all the features of Pro of course, so your always dealing with a hassle if you want to make on the fly changes.

There's no need if they will just send me the correct version of the software.

So can you design and cut with the COPAM driver? in Vinyl Master PRO?..  We have all been referring to  Vinyl Master Pro as the total program   design and cut drivers. as to what we are helping you with... .   

I just received a response from Future Corp. They want to refund me cause they claim US Cutter can only sell me the Pro version I need with my drivers. The question will be will I get to pay upgrade pricing for their versions.

I've never tried a COPAM driver cause the machine worked by switching between the two versions of the software.

Honestly if they have the correct version of the software available why would I use an indirect driver?? I should us the correct version of the software,,,

Many drivers are exactly the same  .....Just like the Roland PNC1000  is used for many vinyl cutters...  But they are not even Roland brand.  It's a generic driver..   Good luck...

• Like 1

I understand about the drivers, but if I can get the software I bought in the correct version that includes the right driver I don't see going to find a substitute. I bought this software on 11/6/2015. It's only the 14th. Eight days after purchasing and the response I get is "your best option is VM Pro Titan Edition with a link"

I should have simply received the VM PRO Titan Edition, and if like they claim don't license it then they should have sent me there when I told them I upgraded.

Why didn't they??