storm2313

VinylMaster Support Issues (US Cutter Moderators Please Read)

Actually if the software is OEM which most is, Microsoft will not support it. That is why they license it to the vendor for a fraction of the cost. HP must support it. Microsoft only supports windows if you buy it directly from them, not a third party.

Greenmachine is correct ^^

I think you are getting your wires crossed a little which is understandable but still wrong. 

If you carefully read the note from Vincent he plainly told you USCutter has a license with the product. I'm no attorney but there are legal issues at work EXACTLY the same as the Microsoft analogy you used. USCutter has proprietary control over some versions as related to their own products. This is normal. Not very well appreciated most of the time but standard operating procedure for all the warehouse sellers. Point being the same thing happens with the other wholesale sellers too if the go to the work of setting up a house band cutter and offer software for it. That STILL doesn't mean they have the ability to FIX a problem with the software because they didn't write it they just bought the license to sell it with their cutters. They are just basically trying to get their arms around an elusive part of the market and keep them in-house. That's free market. I believe one of the other big outfits does something similar with the off brand Graphtec 

I'd say from the letter you posted (and I reposted) that they made it clear and were reasonable about working with you. 

post-20133-0-51109200-1447599087_thumb.p

Greenmachine is correct ^^

I think you are getting your wires crossed a little which is understandable but still wrong. 

If you carefully read the note from Vincent he plainly told you USCutter has a license with the product. I'm no attorney but there are legal issues at work EXACTLY the same as the Microsoft analogy you used. USCutter has proprietary control over some versions as related to their own products. This is normal. Not very well appreciated most of the time but standard operating procedure for all the warehouse sellers. Point being the same thing happens with the other wholesale sellers too if the go to the work of setting up a house band cutter and offer software for it. That STILL doesn't mean they have the ability to FIX a problem with the software because they didn't write it they just bought the license to sell it with their cutters. They are just basically trying to get their arms around an elusive part of the market and keep them in-house. That's free market. I believe one of the other big outfits does something similar with the off brand Graphtec 

I'd say from the letter you posted (and I reposted) that they made it clear and were reasonable about working with you. 

actually goose i had missed the part after your red outline - there is the solution - get the refund and purchase the proper software - problem solved

Vince,  I did look at VM website as you wanted me to.  but I already had... I have never seen  a vinyl cutting software company to this day, that does not have a list of cutters that they support.  They all do,, including Vinyl Master, right on their website...  Show me where it says TITAN on this list....Not even under UScutter list either..  That was your answer before you ever bought it.  That is what good buyers do,, they do their homework. Or did you download the FREE trial,  and see what was on it?  And try it out first with your Titan3?   All the drivers are there from the list. .of course not.!!..  Your Ebay message that you posted with UScutter was dated 09/24/2015,  with an EBAY user name of Lenny Marino  (Len1007)  6 weeks prior to your messages with VM,,  And UScutter was correct, they were not selling it at that time.  They come out with new products all the time.    You were in control on 11/04/2015, when you stated to VM tech,  "I'm going to upgrade to Pro" You already had your mind made up of what you were going to do.  He can't stop you from doing that...  By 11/09/2015,  you had already upgraded to Pro,,  all by yourself..VM tech did not tell you to do that.  Per your messages.. YOU are telling him, what your doing or have already done....  He has no control of what you buy or what you do. ....

http://www.iifuture.com/shared/info/en/supported_cutters.pdf

I think everyone is totally missing the point. Their website explaining they support Titan cutters isn't posted, but either do they say it doesn't does it? They talk about 5000 drivers for vinyl cutters. I bought what appeared to support my cutter especially since VM Cut came bundled with my cutter.

I purchased the software as anyone does looking for software. It's designed to be used with a vinyl cutter which is what I have. I made a very logical educated choice in upgrading the software that already came bundled with my cutter. The brand on the OEM activation card states Vinyl Master, so I went with VM. Why? well if it came with the cutter it must work with it right? Makes sense.

After upgrading the first time to LTR. I had lots of trouble trying to calibrate my machine as the calibration modules are different with ARMS offset. I then opened a support ticket and waited for a response.

The response I got was "you should have bought the TItan edition of LTR" This could have ended immediately with you purchased a version of our software not designed for your machine. I'll direct you to the right version, and I'll get your refund started. This should not have went on for a week with them acting as if I just purchased the wrong software. They knew they weren't going to provide it to me making it misleading especially not telling me right away.

Enough said. Going back an forth about websites, branding, forums, its all irrelevant. This was their mistake for not owning the truth which is we can't sell the version of the software you require.

I actually agree with Dakota. The only issue I have is why did Future Corp wait to point me to a direction for a refund?

They knowingly told me I didn't have the correct version of the software leaving it open ended. They lead me to believe they would send me the right version. Why did I feel that way? They didn't come forward to say they wouldn't leading me to believe they would just send me a link for the correct version especially cause I just bought it days ago.

I don't believe this has anything to do with being a novice with a vinyl cutter, its simple retail marketing. The rep I was writing to back, and forth with simply didn't handle this correctly which reflects on the company.

This honestly could happen to anyone. Hopefully others have learned of these branding issues. I still can't get on VM's forum. I don't think it exists. No one on here has pointed a link out to it. 

I have been having trouble installing flexi for mac on my PC too - hmmmmmm  they didn't say it wouldn't work!      

sorry I regress

I don't know if it is true or not, that is what someone said , that is what I heard  DT

• Like 1

Once again another instigating post. You have no positive input. Then why post? What's the point? Do you think you look intelligent?

You make light of someone requesting guidance when that's what the forum is for.

I posted an issue you provided some input, and still post cause I don't agree with you.

I think everyone is totally missing the point. Their website explaining they support Titan cutters isn't posted, but either do they say it doesn't does it? They talk about 5000 drivers for vinyl cutters. I bought what appeared to support my cutter especially since VM Cut came bundled with my cutter.  specific titan edition came with your cutter 

I purchased the software as anyone does looking for software. It's designed to be used with a vinyl cutter which is what I have. I made a very logical educated choice in upgrading the software that already came bundled with my cutter. The brand on the OEM activation card states Vinyl Master, so I went with VM. Why? well if it came with the cutter it must work with it right? Makes sense.

flexi has specific versions for seiki plotters and doesn't support other brands,   

Take the refund they offered and get the right one (which will not support other cutters by the way just the titan) and move on.  it was confusing to you that you bought a cutter marketed by one company and bought software from another that you THOUGHT supported that cutter  - now without me trying it I cant say for sure there isn't a saga driver that would work with the titan 3 like the titan 2 we KNOW CAN be used with regular titan drivers as the chipset on the cutter had not been changed at all - just the color of the case.  not sure how i get sucked back into this conversation at all other than the statement in red above - I worked in a prison for over 27 years and you learn to look for the mis directing statements like that (not htat you was trying to be deceptive just the way that was worded sounded suspicious)   - that are used to deflect blame and it triggered a response after I said I would not respond more - again for that I am sorry - 

woosahhh - back to the quiet place 

again good luck - you have a path you said you can work with (the refund) all is good in this world and the dispute is with future corp

Wooosaaahhhhhh

woosahhh - back to the quiet place 

again good luck - you have a path you said you can work with (the refund) all is good in this world and the dispute is with future corp

Wooosaaahhhhhh

You're something, Scott! More patience than I have.

• Like 2

You're something, Scott! More patience than I have.

I've been working hard at it over the time since leaving my other job - patience and understanding is my goal.  sometimes I get there and sometimes I regress but overall making progress from the old days

• Like 1

God bless you cause the last time someone came in my store like that I had trespass warrants issued. Glad I missed this one.

Us Cutter once again took care of this issue by replacing the version of PRO I received from Future Corp with a copy of Titan version. They are an excellent company that demonstrates they truly stand behind what they sell, and even some items they don't.

I will always be a customer. Thank you,

• Like 2

Guest Jason
On 11/14/2015 at 4:03 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

so which drivers are in your version of Vinyl Master under Saga?    You can still use the 720 driver.. Is the ARMS PLUS drivers there. ?   Have you tried all of the 720 drivers listed in Vinyl Master?    Or even try the 1350 or 1750.?

Hi there my name is jason and I seen you been on here a lot so I figured I'll message you maybe you could help me I'm new to the vinyl cutting and I down loaded the vinylmaster 4.0 demo to try it out and I'm getting everywhere but when I click to cut it will only cut a demo cut. Is there a way to fix this please help. Thank you. You can email me if you like keaton0016@gmail.com thanks again

4 minutes ago, Guest Jason said:

Hi there my name is jason and I seen you been on here a lot so I figured I'll message you maybe you could help me I'm new to the vinyl cutting and I down loaded the vinylmaster 4.0 demo to try it out and I'm getting everywhere but when I click to cut it will only cut a demo cut. Is there a way to fix this please help. Thank you. You can email me if you like keaton0016@gmail.com thanks again

Pretty sure you can't cut YOUR projects until you purchase the program,  the demo would be so you can see the functionality of the design elements.   

The issues raised in this post here have been resolved.

The USCutter edition of VinylMaster can now be upgraded from:

CUT to LTR, PRO or DSR
LTR to PRO or DSR
PRO to DSR

Upgrade cart:
USCutter Upgrade Cart

For an update of USCutter edition VinylMaster (all levels) with the most recent Saga/Titan drivers please visit this site:
Update USCutter Edition of VinylMaster

For an update of VinylMaster (all levels) with the most recent Saga drivers please visit this site:
Update VinylMaster (Non USCutter Edition)