storm2313

VinylMaster Support Issues (US Cutter Moderators Please Read)

I'm totally confused - I thought i read in your original book that you had upgraded thru future corp for the pro version . . . . if that is the case you wouldn't have the titan version (which in all reality is probably a renamed saga file) if that is the case they wouldnt have the titan version - private branded software is only sold and must be supported by the company that sells it - 
just like ve-lxi master plus is rebranded flexisign pro (except without the RIP) - and ALL sales and support are thru SW - SAI the makers of flexi will not sell or provide support for it - and the same for ultra flex sold by beacon - they have to sell and provide support and SAI will not provide any support directly.

If you bought the pro thru Future corp they should not by contract sell or support a private labeled version like a titan version.  which would leave you to use the saga drivers that we have been able to use successfully on the titan2.   this would be the only place to get the titan pro version for sale and support  http://www.uscutter.com/VinylMaster-Pro-Retail

• Like 1

++++1,  He is correct...   

JUst like Graphtec will not support the  The Vinyl Express Q series of cutters that Signwarehouse sells...even though Graphtec makes them  They are licensed to Signwarehouse to fix. and support.. 

I suggest you re read the book lol. I started with The original TItan edition cut that came bundled with my cutter, and upgrade from LTR then to PRO.

If they knew they couldn't support the unit correctly I should have been told this from the beginning? Correct?

As far as what they should sell, or support through private label has nothing to do with taking money knowingly when the software isn't supported by my cutter?

He for sure knew this cutter wasn't supported, or he wouldn't had me create jobs in PRO, and finish them in CUT? Correct?

The fact I was redirected  days later to the one that is supported by my unit is simply ridiculous :-\ 

Please let me start by explaining this is a long post, but a valuable one for anyone interested in Vinyl Master. I ask for all to read it to the end, and review the pictures attached to prove my frustration. I believe a company shines not when selling a product, but offering support when issues arise. We all know any company will take your money, but how many stand behind what they sell as if the money spent was there own after the sale?

The story begins on when I bought my Titan3 ARMS Table Titan 9/20/2015 through Ebay. These units all come with VM Cut 4.0 Titan Edition. as the bundled software. I set out as a rookie determined to learn the software. I watched the tutorials, practiced, and within two solid weeks of hands on use became VERY comfortable in its abilities, and my own. I then realized I wanted more options for text, and texture manipulation, so I thought the natural progression was to go to VM LTR. I then contacted US Cutter to purchase the upgrade from them. I received an Ebay response from them explaining they didn't offer it, but would carry Pro eventually. I included a snapshot of US Cutters response below as the first picture.

I then then chose to use Future Corps upgrade program to move on to VM LTR do to US Cutters response. I purchased it, and was excited about using it only to find they didn't have a driver for Titan3's Table Titan. I Then contacted Future Corp with a support ticket about this issue. They responded back to me explaining I would be designing in VM LTR, and cutting in TITAN EDITION CUT version. I thought an issue like this would be a simple driver swap, or import, but I already bought the software, and loved it, so I did as I was directed.

After producing some really beautiful graphics I strangely developed hit, and miss calibration problems with my ARMS offset. I contacted both Future Corp, and US Cutter, not knowing if It was software, or hardware related. I called US Cutters tech support line, and explained my issues. The team member instantly explained sounds like a "weird motherboard issue", so he sent me new one. I had it in two days without even having to pay the shipping. He even said If I didn't want that I could get a new machine or a refund! This showed me this was an honorable company which defined customer satisfaction. Thank You Us Cutter. Excellent Job. I replaced the motherboard, and the unit is performing flawless ever since.

I then received a response to my support request from Future Corp from a team member named Matt. He explained to me that "there was an VM LTR version designed for Titan models". He wanted to know if I was using it?  I explained I talked to US Cutter about my purchase, prior to making my decision, and they said they didn't offer it. I then explained I purchased from them directly, so in my mind logically I figured "no problem they realize I have the wrong version just send me the right version I should have originally received" His response was " If you contact US Cutter I'm sure they will have it for you". I then sent him a snapshot of US Cutters response reflecting they disagree with what he was saying. I then asked for a number to talk to him on the phone about a few other questions I had on the software.  Matts response was "I'll ask about this today, and hopefully have an answer for you tomorrow" . He never gave me the number to call him. Alright I'm reasonable he's a busy guy. He overlooked my request. Still nothing I haven't done myself when in a rush to get a response out. I'm sure we can get this worked out.

I was really enjoying the software, and was making a steady income from it, so I decided to purchase VM Pro through their upgrade program again. I did this for two reasons. The software is really user friendly with tons of 3D options for graphics, and the faith that they would make it right with the software especially since I'm purchasing it directly from them, and they have records for the sale. I then explained to him on 11/9/2015 I upgraded again to VM PRO, and Matts response was "Pro via US Cutter for Titan"? I once again believed they would send me the correct version being he asked if that was one I was using, and me telling him it wasn't what I received. Once again in my mind I thought. They have the purchase records which reflects I bought it directly from them. This will be handled quickly I'm sure.

I then asked about driver importing cause I bought the software, and like before have to go between two pieces of software to perform one task. It's time consuming, and most of all the limited feature list from CUT to PRO is HUGE meaning any revisions you make, your back, and forth. He told me a way to perform the import. I did, and once again the calibration became the issue. The Titan3 15" ARMS offset calibration was WAY off. I couldn't calibrate the machine. I explained to him the calibration from CUT to PRO is totally different. I explained I wasn't able to perform a calibration, and was losing huge amounts of time troubleshooting these issues.

I then received a response from him a 11/14/2015 explaining with a link "This is your best option" He then provided me a link to this sites listing for VM PRO TITAN EDITION.

Really?? It must be a sick twisted joke? If you have the records that I purchased the upgrade to VM PRO DAYS ago (11/6/2015 to be exact ) why not just send me the right version? This is really a sad display of support for this company. US Cutter hears from a customer having issues, and gets it handled the correct way in record time. I am yet to receive a link to the CORRECT version of the software for my Titan FROM THE MANUFACTURER OF THE SOFTWARE. It's almost to funny to post. I attached screen shots of the actual support ticket reflecting everything I wrote here with dates an times. The duration of this only started a few weeks ago, and is still going on today as the dates reflect on the support ticket pictures I attached.

I hope they make this right. I now own THREE different versions of this software, and honestly love it, but their support teams ethics from my experience need to be corrected. I will update this post till this issue is handled, and post the way it was handled. If anyone at US Cutter could help me with this I would greatly appreciate this.

Thank you to anyone reading this post till the end.

the issue I see is you purchased a private labeled cutter and that means only the seller of that private labeled cutter can provide support and software for that unit - with the earlier versions of the cutters we had used the saga drivers with great success - If what you posted is correct the mainboards have been changed and no longer respond to the saga drivers (first those of us on the user forum have heard of that) - just like the vinyl express versions of graphtecs at signwarehouse the chip on the mainboards only work with drivers designed for that private labeled machines. the graphtec drivers don't work at all (this is what you are describing with the new titan) - you can buy softwares that have graphtec drivers like some flexi and other softwares and don't have the dirvers for the vinyl express units like the Q and QE series - and they will not work - even though you may have purchased them thru the maker of the software - it is a contractual thing that the company that private lables the machines and software will provide all support.

IF this is the case like the machines from signwarehouse - you purchased the titan thru uscutter and then bought the software from the manufacturer of the software that does not sell the private version - and cannot sell or support the private version if it is like the flexi contract. . . . when you bought it the pro version wasn't available - it now is - you bought the wrong version from what i read.      Heck I even found a way to add the drivers for a titan to an older version of flexi but could not get any support from the companies as it was not sold that way

• Like 1

The next question is do I get all the money I paid to upgrade all the versions back to use towards the proper software? I'll wonder how this will go.

my bet is not well - you got what you paid for and no software I know of ever gives refunds once activated.   you bought vinylmaster pro from future corp with the drivers listed by them (does not include titan) - it works and performs as sold and stated by them 

I understand what private labeling is. I don't understand why Future Corp would take money knowing the software wasn't supported by my machine. That's the point. You claim that the software just came, but Mat their rep explained there was a release of LTR for Titans. Check the details closely.

He wrote that to me in the support ticket response proving they knew after I was having issues I had the wrong version. This is shady. I should have been told to get a refund, and purchase the correct edition supported by my machine,

I don't buy a tire for my ram truck that doesnt fit - mount it on a mustang rim and expect either company to refund the money when it doesn't fit (wrong size) -    I bear the responsibility for purchasing a tire that didn't fit and should not have mounted it 

Let me point out that even though my status shows staff I do not work for uscutter - they actually almost never stop by the user forum - we just try to help where we can

I understand what private labeling is. I don't understand why Future Corp would take money knowing the software wasn't supported by my machine. That's the point. You claim that the software just came, but Mat their rep explained there was a release of LTR for Titans. Check the details closely.

He wrote that to me in the support ticket response proving they knew after I was having issues I had the wrong version. This is shady. I should have been told to get a refund, and purchase the correct edition supported by my machine,

he said there was a titan version but did he say THEY sold it - or just it was available ?

just glanced above and read he referred you to uscutter that didn't have it at that time - then you decided to buy the unsupported version . . . . :huh:???

I am not sure when usc got the pro version on their site as your comments were only a week ago

Open Ticket Second Set Of Dialogue.PNG

First of all I understand its not your money, so its obvious its as easy as posting empty responses to me, and your fine with that. I get it. :rolleyes:

The reality is I purchased this on my credit card, that has consumer protection for issues like this. I want all the money I paid in upgrades to go towards the new software that supports my machine that I should have been directed to once they knew my original issue.

If you feel I received what I paid for then why would their rep point me to this site to purchase the correct version for the cutter? 

You know, and I know the answer. Why is he offering a refund now? Cause this turned into a mess.

Sorry they can't hide from poor company ethics.

Are you Mat?? Interesting thing is the name listed on the ticket in his responses is Shaun Morell you can check it on the support ticket postings he made answering me??? Wonder why that is? You seem pretty upset for someone trying to help someone with an issue.

How can you defend a company who knowingly took money for a product to support a machine it wouldn't work with? I contacted them with the support ticket, and explained the issue with CUT to LTR. He should have said let me refund you. IT NEVER HAPPENED. Sorry this was not an oversight on their part. Copy an paste all you want my point is made. This is simply poor business.

Have a good day - I'm done

Good luck with your resolution with both companies - I truly wish you well

My name is not Mat or Shaun,,, and you still went on to purchase ANOTHER up grade to Pro..that you knew was non Titan.software. ..that falls on you.   You got what you paid for..  Non Titan software.

PS,  I bet there are drivers on there that do work. ( PRO ).  and just because it doesn't say TITAN,  it must be an inferior driver to you..!!!.  LOL .You have only been on here a few months,   we have been here for years and have tons of experience. .. 

.Good luck,  I'm done here also..

• Like 1

Your missing details once again The software works if you use PRO for art, and use CUT to complete your cutting. I never said it doesn't work. You can use them with a sort of band aid between the two. I said I was using two pieces of software that was pointless if they offer the correct one.

I explained already that after Mat, Shaun, or whoever responded that there was a Titan edition available I was under the impression they would just provide it to me. There's nothing posted anywhere on there site about branded versions.

Here's another question why didn't he tell me about branded versions when I first messaged him about he issues with LTR? He told me about the Titan version, but never mentioned I would have to buy from US Cutter. Correct?

Hey you are NOT listening,   which is why I am done here.  You have already stated that you have not used the other drivers,in Pro to cut......,So HOW do you know it doesn't work?    You stated "Honestly if they have the correct version of the software available why would I use an indirect driver?? I should us the correct version of the software,,,,

Vinyl Master IS the software.  with many  drivers included.   and MANY MANY MANY, of those drivers are identical.. and you call it an indirect driver?    . You got the Software... Vinyl Master Pro

If it was the case that no other drivers would work with the Titan 3 cutters...,  the Copam driver would not work with it.. And Copams were made years and years before Saga and Titan ever existed...or ever thought about.

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:55 AM   that it did work..

After you got your vinyl cutter.!!!

I am listening. Thank you for your input. I tried using other Titan, and SAGA drivers. The software will work with by using both pieces of software as stated multiple times previously. It won't be able to use any of the calibration modules as they are different for the table version.

I already paid quite a bit of money for VM PRO upgrade especially when you consider all the lost time going between the two versions of the software. If they refund me the money for the upgrades to LTR, and Pro the Titan edition will be much more reasonable.

I don't want to argue about this. I just wish I Future Corp would have been honest from the beginning. If they knew the version I purchased wasn't able to be used unless I had a US Cutter branded version they should have told me immediately. They did know US Cutter provided CUT 4.0 with their units, meaning according to what I know now I should have simply been told "you need to purchase a version of this software from Us Cutter.

I was mislead, and what's really disturbing is it's the software manufacturer.

I found a cross grade upgrade on US cutters website for $125 to the Vinyl Master Pro Titan Edition. It appears they now carry all the version upgrades for VM

I found a cross grade upgrade on US cutters website for $125 to the Vinyl Master Pro Titan Edition. It appears they now carry all the version upgrades for VM

Well don't go buying it before reading the ad,, BECAUSE you will be buying  Vinyl Master LTR  Regular edition for $125.  +$15 for Titan Edition..

PLUS Vinyl Master  Pro is  PLUS $189.00  /with the TITAN EDITION =$314.00   NOT $125.00  TOTAL.  :rolleyes:  Then who's fault is that?

• Like 1

You really are trying to instigate? huh? I think anyone who adds any version to their cart can easily see the price is reflected.

I will contact US Cutter, and find out if the Titan edition version of PRO is modified software. or only includes different calibration modules, and the Titan driver.

I won't be paying another $314 for a single driver. I think the software has been modified, but I'll call, and find out.

The idea of the forum is to try to help others if you offer constructive advice. I posted, an issue that could have been avoided completely had I been made aware of this rebranding issue from the seller who in this case is the software manufacturer. I suggest you take a look at VM's website, and see if this rebranding issue is mentioned anywhere.

Then I contact them directly by saying the LTR software I just purchased doesn't have a driver, and I get told to cycle between CUT, and LTR to use it. That makes sense to you? Really take a moment, and answer the question.

They should  have said the correct answer like this. "Sir we provide the software for US Cutter in a special version you don't have, and in order to get it you need to purchase it from them, so we'll give you a refund". You don't go on for a week telling me there's an LTR Titan version that's out, but never mentions we can't provide to you.

Sounds almost too funny to post. If Vinylmasters name is on the disc they OWN IT.

I look at it like this if for example buy an HP laptop that has an HP restore disc with WIndows 7 on it doesn't mean HP is the one I go to for Windows support. I contact, and download updates, for Windows issues from Microsoft cause they made the software regardless who's company name is on the disc.

Their responsible as they should be.

Instigate,?   you FLAT OUT  posted on this forum  that the Vinyl Master  Pro titan edition  upgrade is $125..   which is totally incorrect..  You were corrected.   Now go buy your software and good luck..

You posted many posts to the UScutter forum,,  BUT NOTHING on Vinyl Master forum.?? 

You wrote,,,,"Sounds almost too funny to post. If Vinylmasters name is on the disc they OWN IT.

So post on their forum!!!   They own it also.

• Like 1

heck I'm still trying to figure out why it says in the title for the moderators to read it - just to decide when to lock the thread?  we don't work for usc and just get insulted when we offer our opinion from years of experience.    

don't ask the question you don't want the answer to

peace out all

• Like 1

Avoiding the points I make, and the question I asked you. No one insulted either of you.

If you click on VM's forum it doesn't bring you to it. I suggest you try that before posting it. You guys are obviously buddies, so why do you keep posting? Your points are you have opinions that make sense to you, about all consumers should know software is rebranded. . I have the fact I contacted the manufacturer of the software I purchased and was told "you should have got LTR Titan edition" Then directed to buy The Titan Pro version. However I was never told here's your refund for our mistake of you buying a product that isn't supported by your cutter.

You feel that's the right thing to do?

Your point if you call it that is anyone who purchases software should all know its rebranded. Did you check their site? I don't think you did.

Where does it state that? Where is Vinyl Masters Forum? If you click the link it brings you to social media links. Provide me a link.

I haven't read anything from either of you except its my fault, but you refuse to answer the logical questions asked by someone who makes valid points your avoiding.

I guess that I should of hung out in the forums for weeks learning about software instead of purchasing software upgrades that came bundled with the machine I purchased that says on the activation card (VINYL MASTER). Considering it was bundled with my cutter, it seemed logical.

Its funny when a software issue arises I'm told by US cutter to contact Vinyl Master. You both realize this right? I guess rebranding is subjective to the person reading your issues.

I look at it like this if for example buy an HP laptop that has an HP restore disc with WIndows 7 on it doesn't mean HP is the one I go to for Windows support. I contact, and download updates, for Windows issues from Microsoft cause they made the software regardless who's company name is on the disc.

Their responsible as they should be.

Actually if the software is OEM which most is, Microsoft will not support it. That is why they license it to the vendor for a fraction of the cost. HP must support it. Microsoft only supports windows if you buy it directly from them, not a third party.